MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Fine Tuning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am 

Justin, I have a couple of QZ blanks, how is the Rico drill on the QZ purple? I want to smooth it out from my other drilling, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 am 

golfdad29 wrote:
Justin, I have a couple of QZ blanks, how is the Rico drill on the QZ purple? I want to smooth it out from my other drilling, thanks in advance.

Is your other QZ red or purple?

Ricos definitely result in a reaction on the smoother side of things.

You may want to try an 80x20@2 1/2" if you have a higher rev rate, you'll get a smooth and controlled reaction but better carry on a wider variety of conditions than the Rico. The purple QZ in my video is drilled similarly to this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 pm 

[quote="JustinWi"]Anywhere near Warren?[/quote

Don't think so. I'm in Northeast. 2hrs north of philly. I was up at Lilac tourny 2wks ago. Goin back in June

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:57 pm 

Motivdork wrote:
JustinWi wrote:
Anywhere near Warren?[/quote

Don't think so. I'm in Northeast. 2hrs north of philly. I was up at Lilac tourny 2wks ago. Goin back in June

Let me know when you are back up in Rochester, I'll meet you at the pro shop and take a look at your stuff for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 pm 

I have two RED QZ's drilled, that I love, a Purple drilled that I am not thrilled with, so I thought I would try some different layouts, I'll give this a shot and let you know, Thanks. My SR2's are great the Purple is the only one I have struggled with.

David Wilson
PBA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm 

Brett,

Did you already bowl Nationals? Your post said you used a QZ1 in Reno... Just curious.

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 am 

JustinWi wrote:
Motivdork wrote:
JustinWi wrote:
Anywhere near Warren?[/quote

Let me know when you are back up in Rochester, I'll meet you at the pro shop and take a look at your stuff for you.

Thanks I will let you know. Headin to Reno next Sunday for the first time,takin my Motiv gear!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm 

I have never seen those layouts in person, but they look like full roller layouts. This is where a ball is drilled up to roll between thumb and ring finger (yours looks like a right handed drill set up).

I am a relatively high track and lower rev bowler. My PAP is 5 inches and 1/2 inch up. If the pin on my ball is too far towards middle of grip (approaching middle finger) I will roll over the thumb hole. I had a driller drill up a ball for me in the Rico pattern and for me it is too weak and I roll over the thumb. The solution for me is to stay 4 to 4-1/2 inches from PAP. Pin above ring a little to right or below fingers but closer to ring than middle finger. I get a good backend reaction this way even with an 800-1000 grit solid reactive ball.

If you can have someone watch you throw a normally drilled ball and find your PAP by using a grease pencil and tape, they may be able to move your pin to the right far enough so you can get a good reaction and not roll over thumb hole but not so far to right that you overflare, thereby giving you a more "conventional drilling."

I am not an expert on this, just trying to give you food for thought on what some more technical people have passed on to me.

Good luck!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 pm 

Sorry this seemed to not get any resolution, the current layouts are unusual for a non full roller, when you get up for the Lilac and I can see your execution and roll I'll be able to help you out significantly better. This is one of those situations where actually seeing what is going on will be a major asset.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:53 pm 

JustinWi wrote:
Sorry this seemed to not get any resolution, the current layouts are unusual for a non full roller, when you get up for the Lilac and I can see your execution and roll I'll be able to help you out significantly better. This is one of those situations where actually seeing what is going on will be a major asset.

OK thanks A lot,I will let you know when I'll be there.
Ended up with a 1638 AE at Nationals.Went in with a 176 avg,so Im kinda happy for my first time.Actually had a four game block(last game in team and all three dbls) where I shot an 804.Including a 222 with the GT,playing the second arrow.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2