MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: GT1 help
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm 

Trying to figure this thing out. I have a GT1 with a leverage drilling. 3-3/8 pin to pap and CG in center of grip. I would say I have medium revs and ball speed and a 45 degree axis rotation. I have bowled horrible with this ball thus far in 25 games, my average is down some 10 pins, with one lone bright spot in the the 220's. I like to stand (if I can) 22 and aim at the second arrow. When doing this, the ball hooks early as advertised then seems to get in a forward roll for some time before it hits the pocket resulting in a less than favorable carry percentage. I can use more speed/side spin but then wind up with over/under. My one high game resulted from me moving to around thirty with my feet and target at the 3rd arrow with a ton of side spin. I managed one good game this way but can't repeat this type of shot much at all. I was looking for a good benchmark ball, but the reaction I get is unlike anything I've ever seen. Is it my layout or did I just buy the wrong ball? Is there a surface adjustment a can have my pro shop guy make that might give me more of a continuous hook without all the side spin or am I just not bowling on enough oil? I'm at a loss. Beautiful ball...just doesn't seem to fit my style I
guess. Would you guys consider this a heavy oil ball or a benchmark type of ball? Oh yeah, one more thing, the ball is very sensitive to speed or release changes. Normally I would like this, but this ball is EXTREMELY sensitive. Any suggestions that may tame the sensitivity down a little. I wish I could share in everyones excitement. I want really bad to bowl well with Motiv equipment (and I don't won't to explain to my wife that my $180 bowling ball just doesn't fit my style...LOL).

Post subject: Re: GT1 help
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 am 

First question, what surface prep do you have on it? Box finish, or have you started to play with it a bit?

The GT1 is a unique ball. Label leverage like you have tends to smooth out the backend a bit. If a surface adjustment doesn't dial it in, a re-drill might be in order.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]