MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: TX-1 layout help
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:02 am 

Hi all,

I have 2 x TR-2, 1 x TX-1, 1 x SR-2 & 1 x SX-1 in my Motiv family. I have a 4-1/4" PAP over 1/4" up, a medium to low track player I would say. All OOB finish.

I drilled 1 of my TR-2 pin under bridge & cg out a bit & it works excellent for fresh oil. Another TR-2 pin above middle finger & cg at middle palm & it allows me to play deep inside with a super backend hitting power.

I drilled my SR-2 & SX-1 pin above bridge & cg out a bit & they work superb for me too. The pocket is very big they flip back to the pocket if miss right & they hold the pocket if I miss left.

So now I have a big problem with my TX-1. I assumed it has the same core as the TR-2 just with the coverstock same as SX-1 so I drill it pin above my middle finger & cg at middle palm. I found it is difficult to hold the pocket it is very easy to get over/under & so many times it left the 10 pin when full pocket & some 7 pins when light pocket. I really donno if it was the hitting power of the ball or it is the layout? Or what lane condition I should use this ball I am completely lost with this ball! So could somebody helps me? Or maybe Justin can help with the layout or surface?
Thanks!

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post subject: Re: TX-1 layout help
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am 

You are correct that the TX1 combines the Thrust block from the TR2, and the Motivator-X cover from the SX1.

My initial thought is that a box surface TX1 with that layout for you won't like oil very much. Keep in mind the Motivator-X cover is a lower absorption reactive formulation.

Because of the over/under and lack of carry that you have experienced, try 2000 Abralon on your TX1 -OR- reserve it for dry lanes. If it improves but isn't enough go to 1000. Make sure when you go to 2000, use 1000 first a little to cut the polish.

Surface is the most important and easiest adjustment to make, so try a couple of these suggestions before we get into a re-drill.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:34 pm 

Thank you Justin for your reply!

I would like to keep the OOB finish to test when the lane is dried & carried down first. If it still not works then I will try to adjust the surface as you advised.

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 am 

The carrydown -may- give you a bit of trouble depending on the volume in the front. Watch out for wiggle at the breakpoint.

The TX1 is a bit trickier to dial in than the other balls, but once you do it is a really great lane reading ball. Took me a couple of drill patterns and some surface tweaks to figure it out for me, but now that I have it dialed the reaction is great.

Keep us posted on how it works out for you over there on the other side of the globe :)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 am 

Also, if you get really stuck...

The TX1 comes out of the box 2k Abralon and Power Gel polish. If 2k Abralon isn't quite enough but 1k is too much, you can try 1k Abralon and then polish it with the PG polish.

Granted these are minor tweaks, but the differences on lane can be significant. The TX1 is a bit core dominant, so getting the cover to keep the core in check is tricky sometimes, especially on spotty conditions.

More often than not a bit of surface will do the trick, hence the original suggestion of 2k Abralon.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:16 am 

Thanks again Justin...

I agree with you about the character of the TX-1! Although it has the same Thrust core as the TR-2 & it has the same coverstock as the SX-1, I just couldn't figure it out same good reaction as the TR-2 or the SX-1.

I will test it again in different oil conditions or different surfaces this weekend & let you know the outcome. Worse comes to Worst, I will just leave it for some time until i remember it again then I can play it very good. It worked many times in the past...LOL!

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:31 pm 

Just an update...

I played 12 games on Saturday starting from fresh oil. TR-2 with pin under bridge worked the best on fresh oil but it could only last for 2 games. Then I switched to the TR-2 with pin above middle finger it allowed me to move deeper with a more continuous breakpoint & better backend. Another 2 games after, I found that the TX-1 & the SR-2 both worked great standing around 26 broad targeting 15-16 board to 8-10 board breakpoint. All I could see was that the TX-1 ran smoother with a continuous cntrolable backend & the SR-2 skid longer & flipped super for the backend. I would say TX-1 could make me play straighter & more safe but SR-2 could let me open up the pocket wider to miss left or miss right. So TX-1 should be the ball when the oil dried after the TR-2.

One last thing, I started to find out that SX-1 & SR-2 are the very good conbination for some pairs of lane have different conditions.

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]