MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: GT1 NEW CORE AND COVER
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:00 pm 

Many bowlers asked us for another bowling ball release that was more aggressive. The MOTIV GT1 delivers! This pearl cover is probably more aggressive than many expected. It has a higher oil absorption rate than our other balls and is combined with a powerful new engine - the Gear Drive inner core. Every one of our R&D staff bowlers has gone crazy over this new ball. They've racked up 2 300 games already with the GT1 and it hasn't even officially released yet.

Post subject: Re: GT1 NEW CORE AND COVER
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 pm 

I've only had the ball for a week and a half and I've already got 255, 279, 245, 259 under my belt spread across two different houses and on a tournament shot. I gave the GT1 a crack at my PBA experience leagues and this ball hooks! As Scott mentioned the pearl is much stronger than anticipated. Nowadays a lot of companies are going with moderate to lower grit pearlized balls (Ntense LevRG, hybrids like the Virtual Gravity/Rogue Cell, etc) and this ball by far looks the best on the lanes.

What I like most about the GT1 is that it just completely opens up the lanes for me. Playing up the outside will be difficult if you don't have a lot of speed or a good amount of mixed oil on a sport shot to handle it. However if you move in, the further you move, the more this ball recovers. The midlane is unbelievable and the continuation is matched by none.

I created a quick video review, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jBy4kQj0_o

I hope you all have as much success with this ball as I have!

-Doug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:19 pm 

Hello bowling world. Thank goodness I am back to competing in the worlds greatest one on one sport. You can't get any better! I recently visited with Dave Matthews at Liberty Center in Fredericksburg, VA and he put me onto the new Motiv bowling equipment company. I am very interested in getting more information about your products. I use to bowl a lot. I've competed in many National Tournaments like I'm sure everyone else has. Last time I competed, I averaged 220+ in 3 different leagues in different centers. I discussed with Dave about getting back into the great sport of competition and he gave me a lot of insight about new equipment and talked about the newest Motiv Bowling Equipment. How can I be on the Motiv Bowling Team? He informed me of a couple of people that he personally knows on the team and they enjoy using the equipment.

Thanks a bunch for any information that I get back. I am a registered user and I'm sure my email address can be accessed for any specific information that I can be sent.

Good luck to all!

"Trust is a must or your game is a bust!"
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 am 

Just bowled a tourney over at Paragon Lanes in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Had a pretty good look with the GT1 all 4 games, but failed to qualify. A guy a couple of lanes down from me, Brian Woodman was throwing a GT1 and had 300 his last game. I went over and asked how he liked the ball, he said that was the first whole game he had shot with it and loved it. He had said that Scott Hewitt had recommended the ball to him and he drilled it up about 20 minutes before the tournament. Also he had the front 7 in matchplay, for a total of nineteen strikes in a row. Chalk another one up for team Motiv.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:34 pm 

evil858 wrote:
Just bowled a tourney over at Paragon Lanes in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Had a pretty good look with the GT1 all 4 games, but failed to qualify. A guy a couple of lanes down from me, Brian Woodman was throwing a GT1 and had 300 his last game. I went over and asked how he liked the ball, he said that was the first whole game he had shot with it and loved it. He had said that Scott Hewitt had recommended the ball to him and he drilled it up about 20 minutes before the tournament. Also he had the front 7 in matchplay, for a total of nineteen strikes in a row. Chalk another one up for team Motiv.

I would like to thank Scott Hewitt and everyone involved with the Motiv company, you can tell there is a lot of time and love put into the bowling balls, some companies just produce them to do it, these Motiv balls are produced with bowlers in mind. That GT1 is a monster, very smooth and very controlable at the break point. Any bowler out there needs one. This is now my bench mark ball that I will build a Motiv arsenal from.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:05 pm 

Brian - thank you for the update on the GT1. I would like to know how you have it drilled and what is your PAP specs? I have some customers that really love the equipment and I am in the process of drilling up 1-TX1 and 2-GT1 but have not decided on layouts. Please let me know what you can. Thanx!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:26 pm 

This is great to hear! Congratulations on that 300 Brian. Not bad for your first game with the ball! Regarding layouts, if you are in the habit of putting weak layouts on some of the high performance gear because it is too jumpy on the backend, the same logic does not hold true for the GT1. It does have a very low RG so it revs like crazy, but we toned down the differential to smooth out the breakpoint and give you a more consistent shot. Therefore, we recommend that you go with a layout on the GT1 that is a little more aggressive than what you may have used on some of your other equipment with aggressive covers. That's the recommendation we gave to Brian.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 pm 

mick31 wrote:
Brian - thank you for the update on the GT1. I would like to know how you have it drilled and what is your PAP specs? I have some customers that really love the equipment and I am in the process of drilling up 1-TX1 and 2-GT1 but have not decided on layouts. Please let me know what you can. Thanx!

Like Mr. Hewitt suggested I did a fairly strong layout. My ball had a 4-5 inch pin to cg with 3.0 oz top weight. I simply put the CG in my palm with the pin around 1 o'clock 2.5" away from PAP. Then I put the surface at 2000 abralon with Motiv Power Gel Polish (which I recommend for any pro shop) and there is no balance hole, ended up with a very smooth ball through the heads and smooth off the break point. I am so excited to see the new TR2. In my mind I know how I am going to drill it and can't wait to roll it. These are great bowling balls made by a great local (Michigan and United States) company, this State needs more companies like this one, it also helps they produce quility bowling balls and more.

Brian Woodman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 pm 

i had the opportunity to grab the GT1 from a friend of mine that didn't like the way it rolled (he's an impatient guy who often drills new equipment) i kept it the drilled the same way he had it, just plugged the fingers to take out the grips. (i don't use grips)

amazing how the game of bowling is all about the smallest adjustments...268 (a couble 10 pins, thank god i forgot how to miss those in my 5 and half year hiatus), 196 (leaving everything on the back row atleast once) so i figure i'll move a board and half left and two inches up...300!!! last ball i didn't even realize i had the front 11, 10-pin is demolished by my messenger...i used the GT1 in all 3 games...people are going to love or hate it, but that's bowling...this is my first Motiv ball. i look forward to getting more of the Motiv line

just glad i'm back, feels good!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:13 am 

just recently got the gt1. i was also given the other two motiv bowling balls is well just have to plug them. i bowled with the gt1 last night. i loved the way it rolled never had a ball roll like that. it is defently diffent to say the least.

i also bowl in the american masters tour and motiv just became one of our ball sponsers. nice to see a michigan company with a tour based in michigan. hoping to see more products in the near future

josh

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next