Brunkswick: 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Roto grip, Storm: 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Motiv: 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
Track: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Legends: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:20 am 

I am a storm, roto grip fan as of the bowling balls being released as of today. Can anyone give me 10 good reason why you either liek these motiv bowling balls, and or 10 good reason why i should switch. I am open to any productive arguements that may occur. But as of right now the plus in my book is I like how you get a different reaction out of every ball because theres not alot of them out yet. Motiv dont create some of the same balls like track and do you're good testing before you release a ball! :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: Why?
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:02 am 

im shocked you didnt put hammer/ebonite/columbia up there....

i personaly love the naming convention that they have it helps me go from ball to ball on a condition because just by the name you know what it does... with other companys there is nothing like that (well now track is starting to do it) if you have 5 balls and your on a pattern you have never bowled before.... you really arnt sure what each ball is going to do.. if you have 5 different motiv balls you will know.

also they are more predictible than other companies in my openion..and almost never have a issue getting one through the heads. i dont like dissing other companies and this or those are some of the reason i chose motiv! :D

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:01 am 

As someone who bowls pretty much only on tournament conditions, I find Motiv balls keep me out of trouble. When I come across those conditions that I just don't match up well with, my sub-par games are higher than what they used to be. Unloading 160-170 was easy before. Now with Motiv, 180-190 is more typically the norm. Doesn't sound like much but when you start adding all the extra pins in during a 4 or 5 game qualifying block, it starts to show. The really big plus is that the big games are HUGE!! I have had many more 240+ games throwing Motiv than I was getting with other brands. Considering I have a bunch of top 5 finishes this year, which includes a win, all while converting to Motiv and now exclusively using only Motiv (except for spare ball, hint, hint) I feel very comfortable in saying they are the best balls out there. And trust me I have used enough of the other guys stuff to know.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 am 

Bowling in high school and college and a few years after I was a devoted Brunswick bowler. But then their products began to not fit my game. I switched to Storm and had success with them, but recent tweaks in my game caused the Storm equipment to have too much over under. When I began using the MOTIV equipment it seemed to match perfectly to my game. I can read the ball reaction better than any equipment I have thrown and I can rely on a constant, continuous patch down the lane to and through the pins.

High Avg - 238
PBA member
Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm 

Funny you mentioned producing the same ball under a different name. Storm's new pearl Tropical Heat is exactly the same ball as the street rod pearl. Go look it up, same cover same core, different name. The only difference now is they added a hybrid cover. My reasons for switching are the same as the others. The predictable reactions on ALL oil patterns, and the neo mark graphics are pretty cool. I got really tired of my equipment hitting the dry and taking off. The first turny I used motiv, I used a TX1 and rolled a 300 in the middle of a 830 set. The next week I ordered a GT1 and SX1. Motiv still needs a plastic ball and or a urethane to fill out the low end of the market though.

Hope this helps,

Michael

GET MOTIVATED

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:09 am 

There's not much to say that these guys haven't said already. We all didn't switch to Motiv balls immediately. I'm sure nobody did, until buying just one and seeing how it worked for them. I only have an Sr2 right now, because I have 3 bloodsuckers living with me. (Ha ha I love my wife and kids) So, I suggest getting a ball that you think fits in your game. If you like big hooking bowling balls, get the Tr2. If you like skid/flippy, get the Sr2, etc. Try something out and guage your opinion of Motiv off of that. I'm sure what brought you to this forum was a visible outbreak of Motiv equipment in your area. There's a reason... You gotta find out for yourself though!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]