MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: TR2 WEIGHT BLOCK COMPARED TO THE GT1
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:42 pm 

I have recently bought a TR2 and love the ball and weight block although i drilled it a tad bit to strong for my local patterns with a little polish helps a ton. I Also bought a QZ1 drilled weak for my house which hates to put oil out. Is the GT1 weight block similar i am bout to buy 2 more just intersted in everyones opinion on the other weight blocks

Post subject: Re: TR2 WEIGHT BLOCK COMPARED TO THE GT1
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 pm 

Well that all depends on what your looking for as a reaction, the Gear drive core is heavy, and acts like a heavy core. It roles early and is strong over all. I drilled my two GT1s strong and most of the time on the house and sport shots I have to polish them to even get them down the lane. I have found on the sport patterns they like to roll early but have a smooth transition. I don't get the pop on the back end that you can see with my TR2 or QZ1. Bottom line, the GT1 is motiv's strongest ball for when I need reaction in oil. If you are looking at buying one I would recommend a longer pin to PAP Distance, STAY AWAY FROM THE LEVERAGE DRILLING if you already have problems getting your other Motiv equipment done the lane. All that being said I did shot a 299 in practice with my 4 1/2 inch pin to pap GT1. The GT1 is a high quality ball, and have a high quality pro-shop work with you before putting holes in one. It would really help if that driller had experience with a GT1, and knows how to tap into it's awesome power. I think Justin can help you more then I could, but I hope this helps a little.

Good luck.

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

Last edited by captmike02 on Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:07 pm 

The "Thrust" block in the TR2 has a higher RG and differential than the gear drive core. The low diff of the gear drive core is significant, and unique.

I'll explain more when I get back to my pc, forum posting is quite annoyingly the only thing tedious on my droid.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 pm 

brettallenspangler wrote:
I'm not going to step on Justin's toes since he is going to address this.

No worries on that, your input is just as important as my ramblings.

The main thing to remember about the GT1 is that the Motivator-T cover is the strongest in the current line, but it also has the weakest block in the line. This is an interesting combination and probably the most misunderstood ball in the lineup. I have found that it does what you drill it to do, and as a general rule use a bit stronger of a pin than you normally would. The TR2 is significantly more aggressive because of its strong core and cover combo.

If you want the GT strong drill it strong, if you want it weak drill it weak. If you want it to turn at 70 feet throw on a negative pin.

What QZ1 do you currently have? What reaction are you looking to get out of your new balls? Do you feel you lack a reaction that you need?

We can help you pick an arsenal with a couple of pics and some more info.

P.S. I'm going to write up a recap of 8 months bowling with 5 different GT1s, and drill my 6th tomorrow. I'll cover all that in its own thread tho.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 am 

thanks for the info i have just recently converted to 3/4 roller from full i feel i have more control and options now. i have the red QZ1 i really like the way it rolls we drilled it to go really long with a strong back end i just got back from nationals in reno where i wished i had some good scores to post but i struggled since i just have been learning to rebowl with my new drill pattern i am averaging around 210 at my house that i bowl in with the QZ1 and the TR2 where i have them polished and cut to 2k finish
i am goin to get the GT1 and one of the SRs i am a high rev bowler with alot of hand in the ball. but all and all thanks for the info i will keep in touch with u guys ill be working on my game all summer to get alot better after recovering from my shoulder injury THANKS AGAIN

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]