MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: TZ3 LAY OUT
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm 

This post is directed at Justin Wi but all feel free to put in your two since.... My TZ3 is here...yaa...open to suggestions about how to lay this one out concidering the double thumb layout would like to be strong reacting ball but here are some paticulars through the at high 16 to low 17 mph avg 285- 300 rpm pap is 5 right and up 9/16 with 70 deg axis rotation and 24 deg of tilt well what ya think..............................
Ray

Post subject: Re: TZ3 LAY OUT
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:59 pm 

Be mindful of where on the lane you want it to be strong. The TZ3 has a very high built in differential. If you want it to be early, then touch the cover a bit and use the double thumb.

The purpose of a Double Thumb layout is to max the differential in a ball for people that are very speed dominant or have very little hand. Your specs are pretty balanced so you have a bit of freedom in layout choice.

If you want it to be late and strong, keep the box surface to start, and use something like a 70x20@5" or 40x20 at 5.5". Tune the surface to the pattern.

I'll scrounge up a couple of pics of mine to help you out. I'll do it tomorrow as they are still on my camera.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 pm 

Sorry Ray that to use your thread here but I also have the same question about layout the TZ-3 for JustinWi as my local Pro-Shop in HK called me today that the TZ-3 is arrived!

Hi JustinWi, as I have mentioned to you before that I am a bit low track player with around 4-3/8" PAP over 1/4" up so I have to layout the ball very carefullly. I don't want to make another mistake like I made for my TX-1. LoL! :lol:

TR-2 with pin under bridge with CG kicked out a bit works very well for me on long/heavy oil/fresh oil.

TR-2 with pin above middle finger with CG kicked out a bit works great to delay the breakpoint with more backend.

SR-2 & SX-1 with pin above bridge with CG kicked out a bit work excellent for skid through the front & flip around the backend.

TX-1 with pin above middle finger with CG kicked out a bit only worked good when lane is dry.

My experiences are that solid coverstock with pin above middle finger always give me stable reaction with very strong backend to carry all 10. Shinny coverstock with pin above bridge always give me very strong skid/flip reaction & good carry. So what different layouts you would suggest me for drilling the TZ-3 are more suitable for my game???

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:29 pm 

The one on the left, and the first video is drilled 60x30@5". The one on the right, and the second video is 70x75@4.5". The vids are nothing special, but clearly show the difference in reaction between these layouts.

60x30@5" video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e0_O9pCK5w

70x75@4.5" video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZc6r3yZi7o

P.S. I wish for youtube embedding :)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am 

Thanks for the input Justin but i did drill it up as a double thump last night had a really nice look for a game and a half almost two games then it started jumping a little early have a red QZ drilled the same way got my look back good 1-2 punch... now hopfully they will come out with some more cool stuff after Vegas

Peace Out
Ray

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:22 pm 

Hey justin my name is David and i am a huge motiv supporter and have all the balls so far and i have a few ?s for you on a professional level. if you could email me i would appreciate it keng2430@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 am 

Finally drilled my TZ-3 with pin above bridge over the weekend. It skids through the front much cleaner than the TR-2 (similar to the TX-1) with a non-stop flippy backend (more than the SR-2). It hit the pins with no chance to stay.

I shot a 279 game on the 2nd game using this monster with a reigning 10 pin.

Keep going Motiv...

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]