MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Raptor and Sigma Tour layouts please - low rev-high speed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:20 am 

Justin and all the experts

I would like to get some recommendations for laying out both a Raptor and a Sigma Tour.

Here's my stats
Speed off hand: 17.5 +- 1/2
Rev Rate 210 - 220
Axis Tilt @ 17*
Axis Rotation @ 80*

Primary House is Synthetic lanes and whatever house pattern they lay down.
Would also like to have something that is good on flatter tournament patterns, actually naming patterns in Oz is rare so can't be more precise than that.

Started bowling 25years ago and the tend to bowl in the area from 5-15 board with a comfort area around 10. This comfort has come from never being able to get a ball to come back when bowling deeper inside.

What i'm looking for i think (advice welcome here) is an arcing layout with good continuation at the back end. I'm not afraid of covering lots of boards when i have confidence in the ball.

Also here's a video of a pratice session if this can help with recommendations, oil condition unknown as i just walked in late afternoon, little oil on ball but they behaved like a THS pattern from a morning oil with some social play. Ball is a SledgeHammer with a P1200 finish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVIjda6YvoY
I only have about 60-70 games under the belt after a 7 years break and i am working hard to get a more modern release and stay more behind the ball and not roll over the top, so i'm expecting the axis rotation to get a little lower but maybe i'm too old to change it much, though the video work is helping lots.

Anyway raved too much, please let me know if i can provide any extra information.
Phil

Post subject: Re: Raptor and Sigma Tour layouts please - low rev-high speed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:02 pm 

Your rotation and speed dominance creates easy length.

Raptor:
55x40@4.75" P3 hole. Start at 1k, you may need to go to 500 Abralon depending on your volume.

SigT:
45x50@3" hole 2" down the VAL. Start at box, this one may go to 1k if the Raptor ends up at 500.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am 

Justin

Thanks very much, now just need to wait until the balls arrive with my ball driller.

So looking forward to getting some new technology..... just got to get some release consistancy now :)

Cheers
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:05 pm 

Sorry i am tagging this thread to ask somethings from Justin and all experts.

My playing style is much similar to Walter ray but at a much lower speed and Rev rate..Any suggestions on how am i going to drill my Raptor as i decided to get a another piece and i also intend to get the Sigma Tour..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm 

Justin

Many thanks, after a little bit of playing with surfaces to match up with the THS of the league and sorting out a couple of release issues these are starting to look really good.

I have the Raptor at 2000 wet sand and the SigT at 1000.

The Raptor reminds me so much of the dark blue Force10 i used to own for it's predictability.
The SigT i have not yet fully worked out but I have found it so utterly smooth in it's reaction that i have been using it as the spare ball for right hand side spares :)

Both just blow the pins off the deck so hard!!!!!

Whilst my specs hide some of the oil removal from the lane by these covers it's quite amazing to watch a female team member who bowls just about straight down the same line i had with the Raptor last night in league, I could just about read from frame to frame how much oil was being removed by her increasing ball reaction as her QZ2 keep reading the lane earlier and hooking more frame by frame as she continued to bowl the same line, it was a beautiful lesson in reading the lanes.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]