MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Drilled my sigma tour 70x 65 tracking over thumb...help!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 pm 

Got my sigma in this weekend and drilled it up 70x65 I can get numbers from driller but it is a shorter 2.5" pin and layout ended up with the pin about a half inch below my middle finger and cg about 1 o'clock half inch about my thumb. Never had trouble tracking over my thumb before and I have to really cup my wrist and get around the ball to keep this one from doing so. I don't get it. Any ideas? Called driller and asked what we could do and he said for me to add some surface. I have a hyroad and it has a very pin high drilling with the cg kicked into the grip and even using it for spares completely straight up the back of it ball doesn't track the thumb. Any thoughts? This is me throwing the ball, I am pretty high track but nothing out of the ordinary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84OtjUENTSs

Last edited by Showtime76 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Drilled my sigma tour 70x 65 tracking over thumb...help!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am 

What is the pin to PAP distance, and what is your PAP?

Pic of the ball possible?

Sometimes it is the finger on the back flares and not the thumb. With high tracks and large VAL angles you can occasionally have this issue. Are you hearing it thump? If so where on the lane? In the heads or the mids/backed?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:55 pm 

Justin, I will get you a picture when I get in from work. It is tracking over thumb and almost ring too. It is audible and does it off hand to the deck. If I change my release I can get it off of there and when I do that is in a un-natural position for what I would usually do when I change my release to get a different reaction

Last edited by Showtime76 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm 

Okay I talked to driller today my pap is 4 3/4 over and 1 1/4 up also here is the picture you wanted. The severe over thumb marks you see are from ten pin shots but it tracks about a quarter inch of so onto my thumb. I was looking for length and smooth back with continuation.

Attachments:
sigmatour70x65.jpg
sigmatour70x65.jpg [ 26.38 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm 

I'm with Justin on this one- the pin under the middle finger layout places your bow-tie most likely just to the left of your middle finger hole. Looking at the picture closely makes it appear that the bow tie is about 3/4" left and about 1/4" below your middle finger.

If you draw out your grip lines, trace over to the pap, your bow tie will be on the line that connects your initial PAP and the pin.

A plug/redrill may be in order.

Don't get stuck on the drill angle (it is a symmetrical core). Your pin distance will determine the amount of flare; VAL angle is more important than the drill angle tho.

Maybe consider a layout with a 5" pin and a 60 to 65* VAL angle.

Hope this helps- the Sigma is one helluva ball.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:39 am 

Before a full plug and redrill lets try a weight hole placement next to the thumb. Be sure to pitch it away enough as to not intersect the thumbhole. A hole placement there should drag the High RG axis closer to it, which should move the bowtie off of the middle finger. If not, a plug and redrill is in order. You might be able to just plug the fingers and place a new slug and swing the pin back to the right of your ring finger.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:47 pm 

Thanks guys, I will make the decision on either trying to do the plug or try the weight hole. I really appreciate the help, this was more my wanting to try that drilling and I made the mistake of not knowing this could happen. The driller repeats fit excellently and we use a thumb mold, he is newer to dual angles so this was a little of both of us. I love the ball, it is just a little drilling error no big deal it happens with trying new things. I really appreciate the support. I will let you know how it goes.

Chris

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]