MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Motivnation advice needed - cruel layout reccomendations
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

Hello, I am new to motivnation and need some help please.
I looking for layout advice on my Cruel.
16mph of my hand, 260 revs 65-70 axis rotation, 14ish tilt.
pap 5 5/8 over 1 1/4 up right handed.

below are 2 videos, one of a slow motion release of my recon with tape on pap. the second full shots with the recon.

pap video on recon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itkd0nCLyVo

full shots with recon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5y3wU4t6g

i want to drill this up specifically for longer and'or heavier patters. i do not want an early midlane roll, i would rather a stronger backed with drive not a late mid reaction.

Some advice i have had elsewhere so far has been
50x4x30 p2 hole
55x4x35 dbl thumb or p4 hole
60x 3 7/8 x 30 p3 hole.

what are your thoughts?

Last edited by mmaloney23 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: need help with driling my rx1 for short patterns, (video)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am 

i am also new to motiv nation and all your posts are very helpful, i cant wait to start throwing them. thanks again for you advice.

Michael

Post subject: Re: Motiv Cruel Layout help / video linked
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:30 am 

This is the perfect post! I couldn’t have explained it better myself. I’m a stroker who would like to play just a little deeper. (maybe over seventeen and go out to about ten or twelve) I too, have tried to get high powered balls, drilled to smash the pocket with a big back end, only to have it hit like a marshmallow. Your video represents a very close deliver and speed to mine and I’m really looking forward to the response you get.
Lastly, I know this will get same reaction as when I’m around my musician buddies and I say I’m not the biggest Beatle fan but here goes. I don’t like weight holes! I don’t know why, they just bug me. Is it possible to get a Cruel drilled and take advantage of the “intent” without a weight hole? I’d like to get the Cruel but I don’t want to spend the money just to have a great hooking ball that sits on my ball rack.
So, I’ll be interested in reading the suggestions you get from the Motiv Crew.
By the way, all I throw is Motiv and I can’t say enough great things and how completely satisfied I am with this amazing equipment.
Thanks for the post,
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:25 pm 

i am surprised to have no one chime in on this yet. motivnation, any opinions would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm 

edsx1 wrote:
This is the perfect post! I couldn’t have explained it better myself. I’m a stroker who would like to play just a little deeper. (maybe over seventeen and go out to about ten or twelve) I too, have tried to get high powered balls, drilled to smash the pocket with a big back end, only to have it hit like a marshmallow. Your video represents a very close deliver and speed to mine and I’m really looking forward to the response you get.
Lastly, I know this will get same reaction as when I’m around my musician buddies and I say I’m not the biggest Beatle fan but here goes. I don’t like weight holes! I don’t know why, they just bug me. Is it possible to get a Cruel drilled and take advantage of the “intent” without a weight hole? I’d like to get the Cruel but I don’t want to spend the money just to have a great hooking ball that sits on my ball rack.
So, I’ll be interested in reading the suggestions you get from the Motiv Crew.
By the way, all I throw is Motiv and I can’t say enough great things and how completely satisfied I am with this amazing equipment.
Thanks for the post,
Ed

yeah i had problems to not realizing it but i bout strong heavy oil balls and thought i needed the stronger kayout for heavy stuff but my lack of speed and revs made the ball turn over t soon and flatten out. just recently at a demo the pro said i should be doing higher pin layout. i did a 4" pin 30 degree to val double thumb drill on my recon rx1 for short sport patterns and that ball rocks. smotth then BAM! power and drive right though.

Post subject: Re: Motivnation advice needed - cruel layout reccomendations
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 am 

You can see how I have my Cruel drilled and how it reacts in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7F9szvYtys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 pm 

It will be difficult to drill most balls strong for heavier oil, especially asymm balls, w/o a wt. hole. Your best bet is to find a Cruel that has the CG 1" or more to the left of the Pin/MB line (assuming you're right-handed). This way you can keep the CG near the center of your grip yet swing the MB out to the rigt of your thumb hole. I love it when I am able to find these 'gems.' However, don't be a "hole-a-phobe" :) Per the professor of asymm cores, Mo Pinel, P3 & P4 holes can really increase the diff. of a drilled ball & thus increase the flare potential which in turn helps you (and old-school strokers like me) get the need traction & backend reaction we need on the juice. Good luck to you.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:16 am 

Bob,
Thank you for your post! "hole-a-phobe" ...gotta love it!
I'll print your response and take it to the pro shop. I'll give it my best shot (pun intended) and post the results.
Thanks again,
Ed

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]