MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Sigma Tour Layout
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:12 am 

All,

I would appreciate any help in getting a Sigma Tour layout. My stats. are right hander with average speed 17 mph in heads and 14.5 - 15 at deck on CATS. 300 - 325 rpm's. Track diameter 11"s and axis tilt 17 deg. Axis rotation 60 deg. ave. 5" over & 0" PAP.

Looking at a pin down layout with a large bottom angle. Somewhat close to what Justin's 70*x5"x 65* no x hole layout.

House condition that I normally bowl on is 39' to 40' THS with friction to the outside like most house shots good volume in the middle 16 yr. old 1st Generation Bruns Anvilane. Kegel Offense is the lane conditioner used. Some carry down is normal.

Any help with layout and ball surface to try would be appreciated.

Scott

Post subject: Re: Sigma Tour Layout
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 pm 

your stats are almost identical to mine except my tilt is around 10*. The layout I used is 50 x 4.5 x 35 no hole and had good results. For you as a benchmark layout I would go 60 x 4.25 x 45. For a control layout go 50x4.5x70 with a hole 2" down the VAL from the midline.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm 

Quote:
your stats are almost identical to mine except my tilt is around 10*. The layout I used is 50 x 4.5 x 35 no hole and had good results. For you as a benchmark layout I would go 60 x 4.25 x 45. For a control layout go 50x4.5x70 with a hole 2" down the VAL from the midline.

Where did the pin and CG wind up TOP5?

My driller has a DeTerminator so in reality what I wind up with as far as drilling angle is pin to PSA and x hole if needed to make drilling angle more acute or not. The Sigma Tour from what I have seen has plenty of strength for my ball speed. I am pretty much rev/speed matched.

Putting an x hole 2" below the mid grip line on the VAL from what I have read from Steve Freshour could make the drilling angle even stronger/acute I am not sure that is what I seek. A P2 x hole might make it slightly more dynamic or no x hole.

BTW....I am using 14's so specs. on Sigma Tour's 14's are 2.51 and .040 which should also make some difference in ball motion....I would think?

BTM rated the Sigma Tour at 51 total hook which for most middle of road "benchmark" balls slightly stronger than your average IMO. Do others see it that way?

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:09 am 

scotts33 wrote:
Putting an x hole 2" below the mid grip line on the VAL from what I have read from Steve Freshour could make the drilling angle even stronger/acute I am not sure that is what I seek. A P2 x hole might make it slightly more dynamic or no x hole.

you can axe the hole down the val. You can instead go with a P2 or reduce the first angle so the cg is legal. Adjusting the surface is good enough to determine how far you want the ball to skid. The 70* val angle will smooth out the breakpoint. As far as cg location I like to have some side weight to accommodate a hole if I need one

scotts33 wrote:
BTW....I am using 14's so specs. on Sigma Tour's 14's are 2.51 and .040 which should also make some difference in ball motion....I would think?

the 2.51 rg shouldn't be noticeable. The surface has the most influence on the first transition followed by, differential, drilling angle, then RG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 am 

60x55@4.5" start with no hole. I would use surface as the primary tune, a hole can be added later.

The primary difference between weights will be the total diff, which is a bit less in the #14 SigT, hence the 4.5" pin rather than 4.75". Generally as you move down the weights RG will go up and diff will go down as mass is moved closer to the shell by reducing the density of the weight block.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:43 am 

Thanks to both TOP5 and Justin!

After thinking about it I think the ball choice may overlap with a Track 607A 14 lb. 2.51 .037 .007 solid reactive which I have pin down under ring 55*x4 1/8"x65*. I believe they maybe too close though the Atomix reactive may be slightly stronger cover than the SE 6” Gen1 Reactive. But BTM tested them OOB so the P2000 cover of the Sigma Tour had more surface than the 607A P2000 with Factory Finish polish over so I see that as they both being very close. Total hook on the 607A was 48 and Sigma Tour 51 otherwise pretty close specs.

I do have a question about a Primal Impulse layout but I will start a new thread.

Thanks again!

Scott

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]