MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Need Justin's advice on C51 drilling
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 am 

Dear Justin,

I need your help to advise how should I drill the C51 as this will be the first time I drill an assymetrical ball from Motiv & it will be coming in a few days.

FYI, I have a SX-1 & SR-2 with pin above bridge & cg kicked out a bit they worked very fine for me.

I also have 2 x TR-2 one with pin under bridge & one with pin above middle finger with cg kicked out a bit both worked very good for me too.

However, I had bad experience with my TX-1 pin above my middle finger & my TZ-3 pin above bridge cg kicked out as they skid quite long with super backend that I couldn't control them. Then I finally re-drilled them to pin under ring finger cg kicked out a bit then I shot a 289 & a 290 with them immeidately.

Therefore, I have a strong feeling that some kinds of core I have to play safe with layout maybe the high RG core I must put pin under fingers or I dunno?

So Justin would you please give me an idea how to layout the C51? My ball speed is about 25km-27km I dunno my revs? Thanks!

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post subject: Re: Need Justin's advice on C51 drilling
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 am 

Most likely the issue you have seen with the Thrust series blocks comes from the higher RG, in combination with a lengthy coverstock. With the pins up for you they like to go long and retain too much energy. Moving the pins down created a smoother reaction to friction for you. The TR2 behaves because it has a strong cover.

At 15lb, the Cruel RG is 2.48, the Sigma block is 2.47. The cover is also very strong on the Cruel. This would lead me to believe you have several options when choosing a pattern for the Cruel.

So far I have seen that the Cruel does what you drill it to do, and responds well to different drill patterns. The main question is what reaction are you looking for out of it, and where do you want it to fit among the other balls you already have?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm 

I agree with Justin. I've found that the Cruel responds very well to surface adjustments. Polish it, and it works on medium oil even medium light, take it down as far as you need for heavy longer oil. I do think that my TR2 with a strong drill and surface is better for Heavy long oil but the cruel is a close second, with that nice asymmetric reaction. My opinion is to put your favorite asymmetric layout for how you want the ball to react and change the surface to match up with the lanes.

Good luck,

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:49 am 

Thank you Justin & Michael for your opinion!

According to your information given & to what I am missing, I may properbly like to drill the C51 with a little bit more length than what I have now.

However, if I want a proper backend (a bit more than controllable backend but not too crazy backend), then could Justin or Michael suggest a layout for me? Maybe pin above ring finger with 70 degree cg? Thanks!

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 pm 

Danny, have you drilled and thrown your Cruel yet? Any updates?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:32 am 

Ooops sorry guys...Forgot to report to you all what layout I finally drilled!

As discussed with my pro-shop owner, to play safe I have drilled the C51 with pin under ring finger. It reads the midlane very well & very strong backend but not crazy reaction. it is quite mild in reaction you will not see over-react when it hit the dry & it hold very good in oil. You know what? It makes me turned around immeditely with 100% confidence when I threw it right to where I target just hear the pins screaming. LOL...

Just FYI...I got my first 300 game with my TZ-3 on the 2nd game last Sunday jackpot. Then a 278 & a 258 with my RX-1 in the 7th & 8th games.

For trios league last night, I shot 266, 228, 201 & 204 totally 899 with my C51. I may consider to drill another C51 with a bit crazy...

Funny thing is...peoples came to me & asked about if the RX-1 is a spare ball...How could it has a very strong hitting power? LOL... :lol:

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 am 

Congrats on your first 300!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]