MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Add Creul to my Arsenal?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:44 pm 

This was on fresh oil, in a tourney that the house provides to kick off the upcoming season. I was having the same issues when I picked up the ball, My coach/pro shop is in another house.

I like the ball, don't get me wrong...I guess I just had visions of this "huge hooking" hockey stick shaped reaction. My coach told me to play to my strengths,...which is down and in. When I do that I have success. I just need to keep the speed down, and come through the ball. Less is better in my case.

I watch the videos, and see guys tossing this ball through the third and fourth arrows out to about the 2-3 board and getting this great reaction. Well,.....thats not me, or my game, so I need to do what I do best, and thats down and in.

Walter Ray does pretty well with that style, so why am I trying to be like Tommy Jones....lol. Hard headed I guess.

Getting ready to go and try it again, and I'm sure I'll have better results

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:51 pm 

I should also say that these lanes are REALLY banged up, and are being sanded and resurfaced over the holiday weekend. That may also be playing a part in the issue. My SR2 was even having trouble. I bowled on synthetics all summer and had terrific action from my SR2, so hopefully the sanding and resurface job will help thse old wood lanes get a little life in them :D

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 pm 

Okay,....I would like to recant what I said earlier. The Cruel hooks,......alot. The ball was getting to the pocket tonight and really hitting hard, although I did leave a few 8-10 splits. I did take the surface down to 800, now I believe I'll take it back up a notch.

Not sure what the deal was yesterday, but today I had a nice reaction. The ball got down the lanes smoothly with a nice turn to the pocket...it was fun. :D

I think with the Cruel and the SR2 I have a nice 1-2 punch, and I'm looking forward to the season starting.

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 pm 

I got a chance to finally see the Cruel at the pro shop last weekend, it looks alright. They have a demo ball of it so I might try it on Sunday and see how it matches up with my Mission and 920T. Has anyone tried it at 1000 or 2000 grit polished with a pin up near bridge layout?

-The Arsenal-
505T, Sigma Hybrid, GT1, QZ2 Backdraft, 505C, RX1 Recon Silver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 pm 

I have mine at 1000 abralon, not polished.. pin under ring finger, and it comes back quite nicely. I play outside, and the Cruel works well out there on the THS at my house. Initially when I first got the ball I did not play the lanes correctly,..now that I have 9 games on it and learned how to "drive" it so to speak,...its a great ball.

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2