MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: cruel drilling
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:27 pm 

hello there motiv members..been working really hard on the drillings for this top of the line motiv cruel... alot of pluging and alot of drillin .... this drilling works the best for high rev plays with high speed or low speed...this drilling will kill it...
120x4x15.... lil longer 120x5x15.... great pba patterns short oil ...120x6x15... also you must drill a weight hole for right handers 3inchs over from the ring finger...3/4 hole 2 1/2 deep..weight hole at the top...let me know what you think ..

motiv staff member
jim huddleston
//powerhouse certified ball driller////

Post subject: Re: cruel drilling
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:27 pm 

If there is one trend I have seen that leads to "bad" ball reaction with the Cruel, it is drilling too strong. This creates an early read with little energy retention on the back. I admittedly saw this with one I have drilled for myself. I was going to be smart and do a control drill, but last second changed my mind and used too strong of a layout. At least it was my ball and not a customer's. This also gave me alot of insight into how the ball behaves. Usually I learn more about a ball when it is improperly laid out than when it is spot on.

That said, it is an innately strong ball that doesn't require 4" and 4.5" pins to hook. The very high differential and intermediate allow weaker patterns to be used without sacrificing reaction, especially for high rev rate players. That said, with an angle sum as high as you are using on your layouts, the leveraged pin isn't a bad thing by any means.

I have found 50x50@5.5" to work very nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 pm 

120 is a even breakpoint...not a strong layout...the 15 gets you in a early roll ..no jump in the back
end at all..polish to 4000....will kill it ...50x50 is to jumpy in the backend....
cruel 120x4x15...i like the 120x6x15 the best...

jim huddleston

motiv staff member
powerhouse certified

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 pm 

Interesting, I may have to try that out on my next Cruel. How do you get the CG legal if it's in line with the Mass bias? The pin on my Cruel is 5" x 10 from my Val and I like the length and transition to the friction. But the backend on some patterns can be a bit much, I haven't drilled a weight hole yet, till I start my Winter sport league to see what I will need. The current Weights are 3/4 positive, just over 1 oz finger. I may just take the fingers a tad deeper. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

I would like to see a video using that layout.

Thanks Jim,

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 am 

thanks mike ... im workin on a video..also im goin to put a layout chart for everyone so they can see how all the layouts work..high numbers and the low numbers and what they do..the problem with cruel is the ball is so strong you have to put neg.weight in to keep it from daggin in the head.. im new here dont want to step on anyones toes... im here to help my team motiv...

jim (hud) huddleston

motiv staff member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 pm 

mr brett.
long time on see...hope is all well your dad said your doing very well thats great..back to the cruel...you are right about the flare but if your in the pin safe zone it will not flare backwards..very good point ..you also got to understand this is not a morich ball either.these high numbers does change the alot.itll flare really close to the right finger...it flares like a rico layout...you know how i throw brett, alot of revs and about med. speed and yes that crazy twohanded stuff lol...but for a high rev player like yourself drill one up youll love it ..if it dont work ill have your dad hit me in the head...it all neg.weight..see you soon at a regional buddy.....team motiv

JIM HUD
motiv staff member
powerhouse certified
rosebowl pro shop
NEW CASTLE,IN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 pm 

here is the video of the 120x4x15...this video shows not only right-handers but a lefty and a two-hander as well......3 very different types of bowlers but proving the same layout will work with anyone

Jim (Hud) Huddleston
Motiv Staff Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4q5TqO9meY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:58 pm 

thanks brett...were working on the recon now ... we got it down too.....20x6x15... mess up but it works great

jim hud

motiv staff member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 pm 

I agree! very very helpful...Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:41 pm 

Brett's just a freaking 'guru' of drilling layouts, isn't he?!! :)

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next