MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: MOTIV booth in Reno????
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 pm 

Now that the company has such a great following, had a booth at numerous trade shows in the past 6-9 months, and are FINALLY fully registered with the PBA, are we going to have a booth in Reno?

If so, I am putting in my app. to work it right now!

DB, Justin, Mick... any news that you know about????

300 X 20
800 X 10

Post subject: Re: MOTIV booth in Reno????
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm 

No, i sure haven't heard. My understanding is that those booths are independent contractors who receive some support from the brands they're contracted to represent. It would take a lot of time, effort, cabbage and equipment to put something like that together from scratch. But, I'm with you- I'd love a chance to sniff ball dust for 10 hours per day, 7 days per week. If I could make a living just drilling and coaching, man, i'd sell the center ASAP.

Ahh... to dream a dream...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:53 am 

I, along w/others, have expressed quite adamantly the importance of having a presences at USBC Nat'ls. I have been told the space is limited @ Reno, however, I felt the Ebonite brands booth as well as the Hammer booth was way more then they needed, thus space could be available. Another option is to share a booth w/some company but as many of you know, some of the ball companies do not like to 'play nice' & share. Yet another option I proposed was to have a strong presence @ the Grand Sierra Hotel since they host BOTH the Bowlers Journal & Bowling This Month side tourneys. The bowlers that participate in these events are the more serious competitors & would be more apt to spend $$ on balls. I spoke w/the pro shop there in June when I attend the Nat'ls and they are willing to set up a big display & promote the products as long as they do not have to outlay money. A Motiv staff member could be on-site 2 or 3 days a week to help promote, layout balls, and general marketing of the Motiv line. I have been told that Motiv will have a booth at the 2012 Nat'ls in Baton Rouge where there will be more space available. I think we all need to express the importance of having a booth at Nat'ls since over 50,000 bowlers come through the tourney, thus we have a captive audience. These bowlers go back to their respective centers throughout North America & will be using their newly purchased & wonderful Motiv bowling ball, thus generating further interest in the product. Even if Motiv 'breaks even' financially on the deal (me thinks they would definitely make a profit $$) the amount of exposure you can get to the bowling public at one shot is unmeasureable. Let's hope they pursue this path in the very near future.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm 

havent heard either but i agree with all that this would be a great thing to do.. I would be more than happy to help with the booth if we get one :mrgreen:

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm 

I too would be more than willing to work the booth, I would do it for a week if they would let me.....lol. LETS PUSH TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 pm 

Mick,

i agree that "sharing space" would be the way to go, or the idea at the BTM/BJ events location is also good. I feel the sharing space is a good idea because most of the "large booths" have shoes, accessories, bags, etc to fill in the space around their 85 different colors of the new and improved "ball of the month".

We just don't have the variety or products(even though we have the best lineup in the industry - other than a spare ball), to fill that much space. If we could find a booth-mate that will work with us great. if not, i say do something at the BTM/BJ location.

Plus, isn't the proshop at the BTM/BJ location a MOTIV shop?

Just my 2 pennies worth...

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:10 pm 

The pro shop @ Grand Sierra may be listed on the Motiv web site as selling Motiv equipment but when I was there in June they had little, if any, Motiv on display. Had mostly Storm & Brunswick on display. We would have to provide them with a shelf-like display sectional & have it in their front window so all the BTM/BJ bowlers can see it. Anyhow, we will keep working on the powers that be to see if anything can happen next year.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]