MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Cover on Recon RX-1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:51 pm 

Is the cover on the Recon RX-1 MOTIVATOR-X™ the same as the covers on the TX-1 and SX-1 MOTIVator-X™?

Thanks,
Scott

Post subject: Re: Cover on Recon RX-1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:33 pm 

Yep, one in the same, Motivator-X.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 am 

Thanks Justin.

In my experience, with the SX-1 it did not handle a carried down condition very well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 pm 

The special trait of the Motivator-X cover is the low oil absorption. If it isn't wiped off after each shot the oil will sit on the surface longer than other covers. This makes for a great light oil coverstock, but requires consistent wiping.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:13 pm 

Quote:
The special trait of the Motivator-X cover is the low oil absorption. If it isn't wiped off after each shot the oil will sit on the surface longer than other covers. This makes for a great light oil coverstock, but requires consistent wiping.

I also agree on this part and I did the most wiping off of any balls I ever owned. Using Valentino's ball cleaner on a micro fiber towel between every shot. Still all in all the SX-1 and TX-1 did not respond well to a carried down condition. The SX-1 I assume because of it's low Rg and starting up too early on this type of condition.

This would make very leery of using a RX-1 on the same type of condition....blown up heads with carry down.

I have recently traded for a Red QZ-1 with a stronger layout 60 4.25" 30 in OOB. It does not seem effected as much on the same type of lane condition. Being that it has MOTIVator-Z™ REACTIVE cover I am sure that helps along with the core/layout.

I am thinking about the QZ-2 which seems like a new color QZ with 4000 and polish. Is that the only difference between the Purple and Red QZ-1's and Blue QZ-2?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm 

I respectfully disagree that the SX1 and TX1 don't handle carry down well and don't hook a lot. Check out my RX1 videos on youtube, I throw these two to give a comparision to the RX1. The SX1 with the layout I have on it is one of the biggest backend balls I have. It's a monster when I have to get into 6-7 arrow! And the TX1 hooks sooner than the SX1, but still have great pop on the back...even the rico layout TX1.
The RX1 is by far the best dry lane/ burn up patter/ short pattern ball I have ever thrown! With burnt heads, when everything else wants to read too early and check up early, this wonderful ball still gets down the lane nicely and finishes just as well as any other ball I've thrown on carry down. These are by far my favorit 3 balls from MOTIV, with the RX1 being #1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 am 

This is my vote for the RZ2, and a QU3 (urethane)... Still need one of those guys, The Quadfire core would be great for a urethane cover... I think a RZ2 will clear the heads and not be squirty on carrydown...Not that I'm complaining when I use the RX1 as a fallow up to my QZ1 on house shots I can open up the lanes like crazy... Since I'm playing over top the QZ1 line I then have no carrydown, and I can play for about 4 or so games (by myself on the same line) before moving again.

That's my vote,

Michael

P.S. I Drilled one of my GT1s with the 120x4x15... putting togeather a vid to post tonight... Have to admit I was impressed, first time I was able to get the GT1 to move through the pins the right way for me, once I broke the mids down just a bit I got the ball checking just right and it ran to the pocket like my three year old (just wouldn't stop). Check it out when I post the Video and the review... Kudos Mr.Huddleston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4khUBWBc3GA

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!