MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Need the Nation's HELP!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:31 pm 

Ill try and keep this short, but Ill prolly be long winded as usual, so please excuse me. After a few horrible weeks in leagues and a terrible average, last night i finally got back on track and put up my first 600 series in a while (not impressive when compared to the numbers some of you always put up, but big for me), 662 altogether with a 184 (don't wanna talk about it) 256, 222. Well the third game should have been on the same pace as the second but with players like JustinWi and the other high rev players he was playing with, I lost my look and wasn't able to really match up comfortably with anything in the bag through the last 6 frames and had to move to the TZone up 10...... wasn't pretty at all.

Justin suggested a Recon as the next addition but also suggested i jump on a SX1 if I can still find one. Found a 15lbs SX1 on the rack of another local pro shop and now I have no clue what to do (dont wanna have trbl finding one if i pass this one up). I have full confidence in Justin's suggestion to pick up the RX1 to compliment my set up but should I get this SX1 first? Ill send this one out to the Nation and hopefully get some answers. Furthermore if you can how would you suggest laying out which ever choice you choose to recomend.

Im currently at 15mph (taking some tips from JW on the approach to pick up the speed a bit), Very REV dominate style bowler, PAP 4 over 1 up, don't have axis info. Ill include pics of the line up and lay out's so you guys can suggest what would compliment them well in your mind.

Attachments:
File comment: Don't think anyone could ever hate this ball....
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG [ 172.51 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
File comment: Strongest ball in the bag, want a second one some day
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG [ 159.35 KiB | Viewed 595 times ]
File comment: decent length, real strong in the back end, hits like a truck
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG [ 163.55 KiB | Viewed 597 times ]

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

Post subject: Re: Need the Nation's HELP!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 pm 

Just my 2 cents- drill the SX1 like your SR2, but put the pin above your middle finger, with the assumed mb spot (draw a line from the pin, thru the CG, to a spot 6 3/4" from the pin) about 1 to 1 1/2" right of your thumb. Rev dominant folks around here love the length and smooth motion around the corner, without sacrificing the hitting power.
Good luck!
PS- as a proprietor, I really hate ball damage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 pm 

Check out my RX1 video, it has a couple shots at the end with a SX1 with the same layout. It'll give you an idea of the difference between the two balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOHeSnjDH6Q

If I were you, I wouldn't pass up the chance to get my hands on the SX1! It is a must in my bag (the one i have with a 5 5/8 pin). With that said, the RX1 is by far my favorit ball! But with the SX1 being disc. you might want to grab that one 1st, if you're thinking about getting both. Hope this video helps out in your decision some! You won't be disapointed with either choice though!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 am 

SX1 is a good idea, but shine it. Your track is low and a lot of those layouts are strong as a result, a pin over the middle finger or even further left might be appropriate if you want a ball to ignore the heads. This may work better on a QZ2 than Recon however. I'd have to figure out your axis to be sure tho.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]