MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Plastic Balls
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am 

I completely agree. I have often used a VERY SHINNY old two piece ball urethane as a spare ball. Reason: when I had to use it as a strike ball it carried so much better than a 3 piece plastic would, especially the corners. A 2 piece plastic would be the way to go to make it more versitile, and isn't THAT been the MOTIV behind many of the MOTIV balls?

Just my 2 cents...

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 am 

I like the idea of a 2 piece polyester. My big thing is durability. I have purchased several spare balls only to have them crack in 2 months. I went back to my Dick Weber Rubber just because 100 bucks is still a hundred bucks. A big giant "MOTIV" would be great but I would really like something that will stick around for a while.
Regarding color...I totally dig the fact that MOTIV makes "JUST BLACK STUFF!!!"
Thanks for the great equipment and keep up the good work,
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:55 am 

Sorry, one more thing...
The "MADE IN USA" thing is HUGE!!!!
I will not buy a ball without that stamp!!!
U.S. Air Force 78 - 82 (9th SRW)
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am 

I submit my vote for a multicolor pearl looking ball. Some combination of colors that really stand out. Also, rather than the normal pancake nothing core that spare balls almost always have, put some type of core in it. So for when the lanes get really toasty, they can have a plastic that drives a little bit better through the pins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm 

a lot of great ideas :!:

how about the clear ball with the motiv logo as the core.. and the logo be made out of a glow in the dark material.. just another idea

I personally would like just a orange color ball with a black motiv logo :D

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:33 pm 

I believe Motiv should promote the fact they are made in the USA and come up with a couple of designs promoting that. Red,White,and Blue and stick with the Neo Mark of the SX1 design. I have always liked the design on the WD Americana. A plastic ball is going to appeal to a wider base bowler, not just high average people looking for a spare ball. Also with the new PBA patterns it's becoming obvious a urethane ball should be in the works.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 pm 

golfdad29 wrote:
I believe Motiv should promote the fact they are made in the USA and come up with a couple of designs promoting that. Red,White,and Blue and stick with the Neo Mark of the SX1 design. I have always liked the design on the WD Americana. A plastic ball is going to appeal to a wider base bowler, not just high average people looking for a spare ball. Also with the new PBA patterns it's becoming obvious a urethane ball should be in the works.

I agree. Not only should motiv release a plastic ball, but Develope a urethane ball as well. The resent sucess of Ryan Ciminelli and Rhino Page should be proof of this. But I think the main secret to the storm Natural's success is it's ability to flare. I have a lane #1 Liberator and it flares about 3 inches, giving me a strong consistant reaction, and since it does flare, carry down is almost a non issue. I hate to say this on the motiv forum but that ball has been my go to on most house shots (including a 9 pin turny this weekend that I dominated). I also used it all three games on the cheetah and never missed the pocket. So Please come up with a killer urethane with a higher differential so I can hush those Utah guys up.

All that being said I'm very excited to drill up a few QZ1s. I think it's what a lot of us have been wating for from Motiv. :) I'm think of doing one with a Hi Rg leverage, and one as a modified Reco(pin one inch up from center of grip). Let me know what you all think.

Mike

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:42 am 

I love the entire line of Motiv bowling balls as they look like kind of vintage old school looking with shocking NeoMark logos...

I would say a Dk Grey color spare ball with Pink NeoMark logo will light up my day...

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2