MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Discrimination
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:13 am 

Did anyone experience a house that treat you different because of what bowling ball Company you are using. I found one its called Buffaloe lanes South,Hwy 401,Garner, NC. I'm looking for a place to bowl winter league; thought I try this one. Why would you put someone on a tough shot and laugh about. I don't mine tough shots; give me a heads up so I know what to expected. I thought the idea was to recruit newbowlers; not chase them away. Had anyone experience what I',m talking about?

Last edited by lusterking on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Discrimination
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:36 pm 

My house is very Storm and Hammer. The actual bowlers are totally open to Motiv and actually really like that there is a change of pace to the equipment being thrown. One of the two ball drillers, however, really hates Motiv. Like he's told me on many occasions that I would be better of "thowin' Storm because Motiv is nothing more than a knock off of Storm and Hammer, it pales in comparison." The best way to fight that kind of ignorance is to kick serious ass on the lanes. After he told me that I threw the best game of my life, and my team that throws all Motiv secured 1st place in our first league ever. The driller has kept his mouth shut since then.

The most important part of the ass kickage is to maintain good sportsmanship. No one will want to join the Motivnation if they think the Motivnation is full of jerks.

I TX1 (16lbs) I SX1 (15lbs) I Cruel LE (16lbs) I Primal TV4 (15 lbs) I Primal Impulse (15 lbs) I Ascent Pearl (15 lbs) I
As soon as I can get it:
I Primal Scream I

Last edited by Barto on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm 

Funny I thought I was the only one. I caught the owner lieing adout Motiv. Even had Scott W come in and see them. Then they Kicked me out for pushing Motiv. Sad part is I sponser 2 teams and offered to help them get a high school regoinal. Oh yeah and I put my wife on another team and was bring my kids in the center all the time. We use to apend 100-150 a night on food and drinks for a 30 week league.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 pm 

I throw Motiv because it fit my game. Its funny how they are all about saving the sport of bowling but you have people in the bowling community hating on one another. I thought we suppose to welcome new bowler, not run them off.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 pm 

When I bowl regionals and cross with Pat Dombrowski (brunswick staffer) he always rags on me about throwing motiv stuff but its nothing more than just fun jabs at each other to keep the competition light and fun. The way the industry is going now is as if what company you throw is the gang you are in and everyone else is the enemy. That may be the way to think at tournaments but when were talking about a sport that is going downhill thats not at all the idea that we should be portraying and unfortunately some bowlers are making it seem that way. I see it most commonly in local tournaments where bowlers think they are way better than they really are and hate anyone that doesnt throw a lightning bolt, star, hammer or a flaming T etc. I have no issue with anyone throwing equipment that is going to benefit their game, bowling is bowling and i love it all in the same.

Aaron - Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm 

I have it all the time in my proshop, every ball on the wall is storm and i cant stand it. Everytime i go in to work on my equipment or something all i get is "motiv is junk"...i get so sick of them talking i jus dont talk to them as much as i use to, i jus push the hell out of motiv while im bowling seeing as im averaging 230 right now, i got some people asking what im throwing, its a lovely thing when someone walks in and asks to order a motiv ball because god knows the proshop wont push motiv...its sad.

House Hack Motiv Staff =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:56 pm 

When others start talking trash about you, or a company,it just
means they have taken notice and are starting to become afraid
of the competition.MOTIV is becoming a threat to their companies
of choice.
Just keep taking about why you like MOTIV and don't get down
to their level.Also people will notice your scores and then
want to know what you are using.That is the best advertisement.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]