Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Reaction Chart
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:32 pm 

In another thread the following was brought up by Justin and Mick:

JustinWi

The ball speed/rev rate ratio and tilt is what is important. Someone that throws average of 15MPH with a 390 rev rate can expect to see the same reaction as shown in the videos. Obviously as your speed rev ratio balances toward the speed side, the total amount of reaction will go down proportionally at the same surface preparation. Add cover friction and a 16MPH 320 RPM player can see the same results.

plamormick

Well put JW.

It would be neat to have someone put together a chart detailing the relationship between speed/rev for relative ball strength with a base layout pattern, based on 'x' tilt. I suppose it could be a 3-D chart if you were to add tilt on the 'z' axis.

Does such a chart exist anywhere? If not, how much begging is going to be needed to get those who know about such things to create one? Just need to know if I'm going to have to go out and get new kneepads.

Post subject: Re: Reaction Chart
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm 

Though it would be very nice to have a chart like that on this website I normally go with the BTM (Bowling This Month) spreadsheet that's created every several months for good ball comparisons from the magazine. Since I also throw Track balls the speadsheet is a good way for me to compare between the two companies so I don't overlap in my arsenal. Plus it gives you a rating depending on if you're a stroker, tweener or cranker as well as using it for a sport pattern. Here's the link to it: http://www.bowlingtracker.com/forums/sh ... .php?t=527

-The Arsenal-
505T, Sigma Hybrid, GT1, QZ2 Backdraft, 505C, RX1 Recon Silver

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]