MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Need Justin's advice on re-drilling SX-1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 am 

Hi Justin,

As I mentioned to you before that I had problem with my TZ-3, TX-1 pin above bridge some time ago then I re-dilled them with pin under ring finger & they rolled excellent for me then. I started to find out why & you know what? The funny thing is that I finally found out that my PAP was dramatically changed from 4-1/2" over 0 to now 5-1/4" over 1" up (I changed from short span to full span & changed all grips to ovals)...

This maybe the reason originally I played very good with pin over bridge & it doesn't work anymore???

Anyway, Now I am very good playing with pin under ring finger for my TZ-3 & TX-1...Then I re-drilled my SR-2 from pin above bridge to now pin under ring finger cg straight...I skids very good with a super angular backend I was surprised that it looks like a brand new ball to me...Good stuff huh...LOL

FYI, my RX-1 with the same layout as the SR-2 rolls great for me...My 2 x TR-2 with pin above middle finger & pin under bridge roll great for me too...

My question is that I want to re-drill my SX-1 pin above bridge to match with my other balls set up & my new PAP release...What will you advise me or what layout I am missing??? Thanks for your help!

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

Post subject: Re: Need Justin's advice on re-drilling SX-1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am 

It is a shot in the dark, but my take is this. A .75" over 1" up movement of your PAP is very significant. If the ball was laid out to your original PAP, with the new PAP you will result in a quite larger drilling angle, larger VAL angle and a longer pin distance. This will equate to a weaker overall ball reaction. This could be a reason the ball reaction changed so dramatically after your grip change.

The biggest thing you want to consider is the change in pin to PAP distance. Find out what the measurements were for your old PAP, and then lay it out to your new PAP. The pin and CG will be in completely different places, but the reaction should be near the same.

When you put the same layout on several different balls, you rely on cover changes to give you a wide variety of reaction. Which is fine, and one way to go about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 pm 

Thank you Justin...

Yes, I found it very strange too a longer full span & oval grip changes would bring my track so much higher...I found it from my spare ball then I started to wonder...

Anyway...Something about dual angle drilling that I don't quite understand...For example, let's say do 45 x 4" x 45, 50 x 4" 40 & 60 x 4" x 30 come out the same or do they have noticable differences in reaction?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am 

Dannyracer wrote:
For example, let's say do 45 x 4" x 45, 50 x 4" 40 & 60 x 4" x 30 come out the same or do they have noticable differences in reaction?

The most important factor here is the angle sum. Seeing as they are all 90* you will find the amount of hook to be pretty much the same. The differences are in the angle ratios. Higher drilling angle with smaller VAL angle will tend to be longer and stronger. The one other issue is that with symmetrical balls the differences will not be as significant as with asymmetrics.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:18 am 

Thank you Justin for your reply!

I took your advice & drew different layouts to see by myself. Finally I found that 60 x 4.5" x 30 is the picture I would like to see...It comes out pin above ring finger & CG almost straight under ring finger & I think it is what I want to go longer with a bigger backend.

Let's see what it will be acting tomorrow night.

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:37 am 

Just an update for my re-drilled SX-1...I would like to say I love this ball a lot now from game 3 after the track area is dried up & carried down for my C51...It cleared through the front & recovered very good for backend reaction...Just moved 3-5 boards deeper 7 sent it to the same breakpoint...Boom...

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:03 pm 

Very nice. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Long live the Sigma core!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]