MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Pearl decision
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 pm 

Hello,
I am new to the site and currently have an all Motiv arsenal.
I live in Michigan and choose to use the "home teams " equipment..thats why the Motiv line appeals to me.

I currently have a Raptor, an SR2 ( soon to b replaced w/ Sigma Tour) A Cruel, and a Silver Recon.
The only pearl ball I had cracked ( Roto Grip Mystic ) sooo,
I need a pearl with a little more pop and I am considering the Primal Impulse.

My coach however is telling me to consider the Storm Marvel...she has both balls and thinks the Marvel is better suited for me.

I don't really have the hand to cover a ton of boards and tend to play a little straighter rather than swinging it way out.

I was looking for a second opinion...guessing that some of you have had experience with both balls. Maybe another suggestion altogether?
I have had Storm balls in the past and never had much success with them hence the hesitation. I realize things change and the past is the past but still I'm a little leary.
My home center recently converted to synthetic lanes, and I would like to be prepared.

I have heard great things about both...any imput would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks...t

Post subject: Re: Pearl decision
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm 

I play fairly straight as well. Even more so when using my PI. I can tell you that it hits like a freight train and continues through the pins like the deck was empty. No experience with the Marvel though so I can't recommend between the two aside from saying how much I love my PI.

In the bag:
tr2
Primal Impulse
Raptor P7
QZ2
Columbia 300 White Dot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 am 

Depends on how much ball you need. For me, the Primal is a weaker and later than the Marvel Pearl. The Primal is a great ball with good recovery, though it never had an abrupt skid/snap reaction I was expecting. It is a great ball though and does have great continuation.

The Marvel Pearl reacts more like a hybrid than a true pearl to me. The core revs up early and makes a more arcing move than a skid/snap move.

The type of reaction you are looking for will dictate which ball is best for you. I believe the Marvel Pearl will be close to the Sigma Tour (depending on the surface) and a Primal would be a better step down for when the lanes dry up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 am 

Greetings TBier,

Welcome to MOTIVNation! I noticed that you didn't really specify the condition you expect to encounter with your pearl selection, but, if it fits, have you considered the Raptor Attack? It is a strong pearl ball that should match up well with your Raptor.

The core specs are pretty similar with the RA rolling up a tad sooner (lower RG) and the Marvel Pearl having a little less flare or weaker (lower differential). Since the Attack is at 2000 box finish, you do have some room for adjustment and you end up with a potent 1-2 combo.

Of course all of this is still hinged on what you are looking for. I would not pretend to know more about your game than your coach, just throwing out some other thoughts.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the "family".

Just my 2 Lincolns,

H1

Last edited by hideous1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. You know...I did not even consider the Raptor Attack ( stupid me ). It may just be what I need to fit in between my Silver Recon and Raptor. Hmmm...thanks hideous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 pm 

Go with the Primal Impulse!! Don't be afraid to play with the surface either. Ball is money!! 60 X 5" X 35, P3 - mine already has 3 honor scores on it!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]