MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Just drilled a 2Cruel demo ball
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 am 

I got ahold of a demo ball for my house, and punched it up today.
For me, the layout worked out to about 60* by 5" by 45*.

I have to say, and please believe me that it pains me greatly to say this, I have been fooled before by new Motiv stuff.

I thought the TV4 was going to be the big snappy beast; then the PI was the ball that was going to help me leave the Utah folks behind. Neither was the answer.

Believe me when I tell you, however, that the 2Cruel with the Whiplash hybrid cover, it the real deal.

I lined up with a polished SigH today, playing about 12 to 8 or so to hit the pocket. After watching my buddy throw the 2Cruel first (he had to make a 12 and 7 move left compared to his OG Cruel), it wasn't until I had moved an entire 17 and 9 left before I could hit the pocket. I could play anywhere 24 to 22, and had to be no farther left than 9 board at 45 feet in order to hit the pocket.
And when she did hit the pocket, man it was sick. Just the MOTIV hit and carry I've come to long for in a snappy ball.

This. Ball. Is. It.

If you haven't drilled one, or were on the fence-- believe me when I tell you this reaction has not been in the arsenal before.

(Now I can't wait for the Impulse core with this cover on it, too. Maybe even an SW5!!!)

To the other folks out there who constantly doubt the "M"-- "It's on now, b!tches!"

Post subject: Re: Just drilled a 2Cruel demo ball
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 am 

That might be my favorite ball review out of anybody since Motiv's existence. You spoke truthfully about the Tv4 and the Primal Impulse on what you thought. And you gave real numbers talking about how much more the 2Cruel hooks. I can actually tell you're stoked about this ball and not just promoting any ball that Motiv comes out with. Everybody else just seems to say EVERY ball that Motiv ever came out with has been spectacular. And I'll be honest, I did get a Storm Crossroad for the bigger backend reaction. My PI is still in the arsenal as a smoother reacting ball. I am still contemplating what to get for an oily lane ball.. 2 Cruel? Or Defiant? Or Vivid?? Dunno.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 pm 

I bowled on the 47' Paris pattern yesterday (by myself, so very limited break-down of the pattern). I used exclusively a Vivid and the 2Cruel. The Vivid has a 4000 abralon finish, with a P3 hole, otherwise, the same exact layout (60* by 5" by 45*).

The Vivid is smooth and some-what strong; I like that ball more or less to break open a spot in a shot, as the cover really eats oil. The Vivid has never been very jumpy or angular, just lopey and smooth.

The 2Cruel ate its lunch.

And it wasn't even close.

I'll be shooting some video this week (not just shot-throwing, but also interviews) with a couple of folks, comparing the OG Cruel, the Raptor and the 2Cruel.

I already know what they will say, post test-drive.

And it's gonna be good!

As for which ball you should get- remember that the Defiant is strong, but burns up a spot very quickly, and both the Vivid and the Defiant covers will require constant cleaning and tuning; they are also both pretty heavy rolling balls, meaning they don't change direction quickly, but rather, their cores allow them to cut thru the grime with a higher differential.

The 2Cruel by comparison tend to seem more angular, covering the same number of boards (or maybe a few more), but it does it much later, making the move on the back end so it rolls more angularly.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 am 

Thanks dude, I'll keep all that in mind. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your vid. Thanks again!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 am 

I got to use it tonight during our PBA Experience League. We were bowling a dual-length pattern night; 36' Los Angeles on the left lane, and the 47' Paris on the right lane. (Yeah, I know that both of those patterns are WTBA patterns, not PBA animal patterns. So sue me. lol) On the left lane, I used a GT1, then a shined Sigma Hybrid, and then an RX1 solid. On the right lane, I used the 2Cruel all night. Started around 10 at the arrows, pretty much playing straight down the boards to 9 or 10 at the 45' stripe; ended around 18 playing to 11 at the stripe. I never once had to consider changing away from it; and as a bonus, I only left two ten pins on the long pattern all night (of course, I missed one.) I shot 455 the first two, 432 the second two. A pretty good night, all told.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]