MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: I've decided upon the Primal Scream. Any layout thoughts????
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm 

After considering the Raptor, 2Cruel, and Primal Scream, I have decided to go with the Primal Scream to finish out my arsenal. As Justin stated in an earlier post, I tend to roll best with symmetrical cores. I would like to get this drilled to attack the heaviest oil patterns possible. Please view my stats below and provide input.

Thanks!

Sigma Tour 298 725
Primal Scream 265 694 55x40@4.5
PAP 4 1/4">5/8 up
Rev=300
Release speed 16.1 MPH
Axis Rotation 90*
Axis Tilt 10*

Post subject: Re: I've decided upon the Primal Scream. Any layout thoughts????
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:08 pm 

I too, prefer symetrical in almost all cases, but....

I know the Primal Scream isn't "out" yet for most, including me, but I will say this: If you don't have a 2Cruel in your bag you are missing out.

I've used it in 5 league sessions and for the first 2 games of those sessions, I have to be averaging close to 250 with it. The transition is bothering me. I go 475-510 the first 2 and end up in the 690's, going 190 something to low 200 something. I usually end up going to the SR2 about the 3rd frame of game 3 and staying on the exact same line (about 25 off the hand at the foul line, thru around 15 at the arrows to 6-8 breakpoint) to save the score from tanking.

In practice with it for another 18 games, already, I haven't had a game under 230.

The 2Cruel is, IMHO, the best asym ball I've ever thrown. I threw all of the Virtual Gravity line. The only other ball I have seen close might be the Roto Grip Defiant (only seen it, I only have Motiv stuff now). But, again, a low RG ball that becomes more affected by the heads transition to dry much sooner.

The 2Cruel with the medium RG (2.55) allows you to stay with that strong ball that retains its' energy a little longer without so much adjusting. That is, until it is gone...a la transition...

As soon as I figure out the transition and how it reacts to it I should be able to stay with it all night. I've tried all the way in to 35-38 off my hand at the foul line but haven't figured out the right tilt and speed adjustment to make it consitant at the breakpoint.

By the way: I nicknamed it "Mr. Strike-a-lot". I layed it out 55 X 4.5 X 45, if anybody cares. For me, that put the PIN in the back of my ring finger hole. Yes, I drilled out the PIN. Had to put a 1" hole at P0 to remove side weight due to the reverse unfriendly to right hander PIN to CG to MB triangle. A lefty would have loved this ball for layouts.

And, I will get a Primal Scream drilled up about Oct. 1st.
I am also getting a couple more 2Cruels and I will store them away in a vault undrilled because every time I find a ball that I LOVE, the company stops making them. (When you gonna remake the SR2? Please?)

Just sayin'

I'd get them both if I were you!!!!!!!!

MPH 16-20
RR : 420
PAP 5.125 over 0.25 down

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]