MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: layout help for qz2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm 

justin im not fightin with you ... Ill hope it works great... really i do...and jason ill do this for you ok buddy you send me your drill sheet ...and what weight you throw and and what motiv ball you would like,, i own a pro shop ,,with my own money i will drill ,ship you a ball for free to show you it will work and if it dont work give get to you buddy. Deal??? Pm me your address and when i get back from vegas ill work on it... Ill put my money where my mouth is ... Justin everything you have told him is right on like always... But you got to understand other people has ideas also that will work... Your good at what you do keep it up.........hud in vegas...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm 

I too would suggest a full roller drill for him. With out watch him bowl is sounds as he figure eights the ball and releases in the strong full roller, thumb position at 9:00. This type of release has an average amount of side roll and very little mid roll. The terms full roller track and a full roller release are not the same and what is possibly the mis-understanding here and a full roller drill is again another thing. The term full roller drilling is know as the pin at left of the thumb hole for a right hander and the PSA above the ring finger. Many bowlers think that throwing a full roller is a bad thing its not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:58 pm 

Hud I'm not convinced they work either... drill me one up 75x4.5x50 and mail it to me... I need convincing! Ha ha I want a free ball too!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 am 

w1z8rd wrote:
With out watch him bowl is sounds as he figure eights the ball and releases in the strong full roller, thumb position at 9:00.

Without watching someone bowl or having an appropriate battery of specifications about their delivery, recommending a layout is an exercise in futility.

Jason provided 2 videos in order to get a better read on his execution prior to any recommendation being made. Referencing the stills provided earlier in the thread, you will see he does not release the ball in the above assumed manner.

The issue here is not whether or not the full roller layout would work for him. The QZ2 is a 2-piece reactive ball, it is going to roll down the lane and knock over pins regardless of where you put the pin.

The main point of this whole ordeal is this: Maximum Performance.

It isn't simply whether or not it will work, it is how well it will work. He's not a staffer, and not working at a pro shop. He doesn't have easy access to balls to be able to experiment with. He is learning nuance of the sport, and making an effort to understand drilling techniques. Your very kind offer of a free ball admittedly makes it easier to try something out of the norm.

This isn't a fight, it is simply ensuring that the holes Jason puts in his shiny new ball allow him to knock over more pins than he has prior.

Recommending layouts to folks several hundred miles away isn't an easy task, nor one that should be taken lightly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am 

Justin i absolutely agree with your comment...i dont have access to equipment to have a experiment layout thrown on a ball..im greatful Hud is going out of his way to allow me to do this. but also like Justin said, he saw the videos and i do Not Figure 8 the ball...a unique backswing. eh a little. but i jus dont rip around the ball like alot of people. alot up the back like Justin posted with the frame shots of my videos. only time will tell if the layouts works or not. im skeptical but i hope it works. but i will drill my qz2 with the layout Justin provided me.

House Hack Motiv Staff =)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:58 pm 

I would just like to add that I feel as though he is a........

Honestly I haven't got the slightest about all of this, I take my equipment to Justin, he works some sort of vudu with a drill press and some other really cool looking things, he tells me to throw the ball and I do, and they strike (if my game decides to come with me that night). I'm sure much of the same can be said for people that walk into Hud's shop..... I have no personal experience with him but he's still in business with a shitty economy.....

Either way we are all here to further ourselves in the sport of bowling and promote the Motiv brand..... so in the words of the great Rodney King..."Why can't we all just get along?"

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3