MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Wondering...do you get a shirt for every 300 and 800?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 am 

Two weeks ago (10/2/2012), in the Tuesday Nite Men's league, at Brunswick Via Linda lanes, in Scottsdale, AZ., I shot scores of 247, 289, 300, for 836.
Thank you to Motiv for the nice black t-shirt for the 300 game and the white one for the 800 series.

Last night (10/16/2012), in the same league I went 235, 300, 238, for 773. Do I get another shirt? :mrgreen:

I only bowl part time for this team in this league. Those were "back to back" nights for me, as I did not bowl on the 9th.

The last 9 games in that league (10/2, 10/16, 10/30), all using the Sigma Tour are 233, 245, 279 (757), 247, 289, 300 (836), 235, 300, 238 (773).

This is in a center that has been nicknamed for years as Via-Lefty, but I am a Righty.

I am a little concerned though. To me it appears as if the Sigma Tour requires no quality operator intervention what so ever. I feel as if I can walk up to the foul and place it on the approach and walk away. It just ignores me and begins to travel down the lane on its' own and strike at will. Every once in a while it does appear to feel sorry for my little used spare ball and leaves something for it to nibble upon. I think I have been hearing whimpering coming from the back of my SUV. It possibly could be the spare ball worrying about be neglected and feeling unneeded. They do have to live next to each other in the bag when not in a bowling center.

Sigma Tour ROCKS!

As a side note, I am averaging 221 (Monday), 246 (Tuesday), 222 (Wednesday) and 239 (Friday), across the leagues that I am bowling this year.

(The events above are true, all appearances of bragging not intended, just trying to have a little fun)

I would like to thank my neuro-surgeon. 3 years ago this coming January, I awoke and when getting the milk out of the fridge to make my daughters breakfast, I realized I could not curl the weight of a gallon of milk. For years I had been living with disc degeneration in my neck. It had finally pinched the musculocutaneous nerve enough that my bicep and forearm atrophied almost overnight. 6 weeks later I had 2 dics removed and 3 vertebrae fused. The nerve regeneration happens at about a rate of 1" per month. Over the past 2+ years, I have had to learn to bowl more "nicely/gently" and not so much as a power player. In July 2012 I noticed a change in the muscle strength and growth of my bicep and forearm. Now I have strength, although not back to pre-atrophy but increasing, and that, along with the new techniques learned are proving to work.

I think the low RG symetrical with proper matching cover combination helps a little, too. ;)

Kurt Gries aka UsedToBeSortOfGood

MPH 16-20
RR : 420
PAP 5.125 over 0.25 down

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]