Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The **Venom Strike** from MOTIV
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 pm 

** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRH29v3qP7U **

The Venom Strike™ is a deadly ball that hits with devastating power. Engineered to provide a strong arcing motion on light-medium oil, it blends the lane with ease.

At the heart of the Venom Strike is the proven Gear™ core from the original MOTIV GT1. It provides a low RG for easy revs and a low differential to tame track flare and retain
striking power.

The cover on the Venom Strike is very advanced for the category. We modified the Atomix™ shell that was utilized on the award-winning Sigma Tour, and developed a specialized cover for the Venom Strike called Atomix™ Arc Solid Reactive. This shell sinks its fangs into the lane to read the friction and hit the pocket with bad intentions.

While the Venom Strike's natural environment is light-medium oil, some high level bowlers may like playing a straighter line on fresh medium-heavy oil shots. The low RG and differential combine to provide a very consistent ball motion.

Performance Target: Medium Oil / Earlier Smooth Hook

Core: Gear™
Cover: Atomix™ Arc Solid Reactive
Weights: 12# - 16#
Ball Color: Blue/Neon Orange
NeoMark Color: Gray/Neon Green
Finish: 3000 Grit Sanded

Last edited by JustinWi on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The All New **Venom Strike** from Motiv **Vid Live**
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm 

Is that blue item on your hand a wristband,or just a wrist wrap.If
it's a wristband/aka glove.Why? And when.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm 

I know you said in another post that you can't throw the GT1 in the video. Can you give me your take on the difference between the GT1"s coverstock and the Venom Strike's coverstock. You also didn't throw a Sigma Tour in the Video. I would also like to know how different the Sigma Tour's coverstock is from the Venom Strike's coverstock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm 

Justin,
Which layout did you prefer?

It appeared that the second ball gave you the best reaction overall-- is that your assessment too?

I appears also that the Atomix Arc cover is smoother than that of the Sigma Tour.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm 

Can't wait to get mine drilled up tomorrow night

TZ3
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 pm 

coolerman wrote:
Is that blue item on your hand a wristband,or just a wrist wrap.If
it's a wristband/aka glove.Why? And when.

It is a Master Wrister. I had done sound for a show the night before until 3am, and as you can imagine was a bit fatigued from loading and unloading a van full of gear 4 times. Just needed a little support. Haven't used it again since honestly.

TOP5 wrote:
I know you said in another post that you can't throw the GT1 in the video. Can you give me your take on the difference between the GT1"s coverstock and the Venom Strike's coverstock. You also didn't throw a Sigma Tour in the Video. I would also like to know how different the Sigma Tour's coverstock is from the Venom Strike's coverstock

Focusing on what cover compares to what is only looking at part of the puzzle. ARC is cleaner in the front and smoother off of friction than Motivator-T. Sigma tour is quicker to respond to friction, and stronger overall. It is a really long shot but I might dig out a GT1 and a GX1 and throw the 3.

plamormick wrote:
Justin,
Which layout did you prefer?

It appeared that the second ball gave you the best reaction overall-- is that your assessment too?

I appears also that the Atomix Arc cover is smoother than that of the Sigma Tour.

75x70@4.75" destroys a fresh house shot. 60x40@4.5" controls the fronts. 60x70@3.25" rolls throughout and blends wet dry. All different tools for different jobs. 75x70@4.75" has been overall my favorite layout on just about every ball.

Smoother than SigT is completely true, but is a combination of both core and cover.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 am 

JustinWi wrote:
It is a really long shot but I might dig out a GT1 and a GX1 and throw the 3.

I would love to see that. I don't mean to be super critical but why did you choose to compare the Venom Strike to the Primal scream and the Thrash. Just my opinion I thought the Sigma Tour and GT1 should have been included in the video. You still make great videos as always keep it up

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am 

Good stuff Justin. If you have the GX1 just laying around, I'd take it off your hands. :lol:

I've always been curious. How many league(s) do you bowl in (if any)?

Primal Scream - 70x70@3.75
Ascent Solid - 70x45@6"
Ascent Pearl - 70x70@6"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 am 

TOP5 wrote:
JustinWi wrote:
It is a really long shot but I might dig out a GT1 and a GX1 and throw the 3.

I would love to see that. I don't mean to be super critical but why did you choose to compare the Venom Strike to the Primal scream and the Thrash. Just my opinion I thought the Sigma Tour and GT1 should have been included in the video. You still make great videos as always keep it up

The GT1 is far too old to be compared to a current ball in a new release video. SigT would have landed pretty close to right in between the Primal Scream and Venom in that comparison.

The Scream was chosen to show what the Venom does compared to the latest release, and the Thrash was a comparison for a different shape at the mid-price range.

MotivStan wrote:
I've always been curious. How many league(s) do you bowl in (if any)?

This year, once a week on Tuesdays. I used to be a regular on 3 leagues and would often sub 2 or 3 other times during the week. There were a few years where I was bowling 5 or 6 nights a week and tournaments on weekends when they came up. I needed a break this year both mentally and financially. My shot repetition has suffered a bit, but I know with some practice I can tune up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 am 

Justin-
I realize this may not be the right thread, but could you tell us the story of how you got hooked up with the Wilburs and MOTIV? Clearly you have bowling talent, pro shop smarts and other technical skills that fit nicely with the role you play, but how did it all start?

BTW, Disney just purchased LucasFilms so if the story is interesting enough, maybe there's a film deal in it... lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next