Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Here are my Raptor Talon Ball Review Videos
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdWipbdPe1E
and
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaOU8uV31wM[/u]

Sorry about the sound mix on the second one. Gets a little loud.

Interesting little fact...My first child [Chloƫ Ellen} was also born on 12/12/12. Got the videos done just under the wire.
Enjoy!!!

Post subject: Re: Here are my Raptor Talon Ball Review Videos
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 am 

I have a question for you all. Do you want me to test the equipment on something like "Easy Street" or are the tougher patterns better for you to judge the ball motion?

Thanks for the help.
MattyG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 am 

I like to see balls tested on easy league patterns and sport patterns that match the ball best. Justin Wi does that alot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:58 am 

Quote:
I have a question for you all. Do you want me to test the equipment on something like "Easy Street" or are the tougher patterns better for you to judge the ball motion?

Thanks for the help.
MattyG

Both MattyG. I like your vids in that us average players can compare better as you are a more average rev rate and ball speed player. Too many staffers that post vids are uber rev players very hard to compare our games to theirs. Average meaning 300-325 revs 15 mph at the deck. I'd guess that makes up the majority of average players who are purchasing the majority of the equipment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:39 pm 

Will see what I can get put out. I did a Lane#1 video for the Bloody Panther. They had the Teen Masters Short Pattern. 35'. It played like an easy house shot to me. Should give a good idea of how a THS would react for the next one.
As far as my Rev Rate and speed go. I feel as if most balls are made for the average bower. I worked a long time on getting over 400rpm. Made all my reactions bad. I feel as if your not way over 400rpm you need to be way under it, or equipment is just not happy. Tried to drop it down to the 300 range and I can do no wrong now. My speed can be 17mph to 14mph. 15 to 15.5 with 300rpm seems to be the magic combo. I hope everyone understands that what works for one might not work for all. I am using the most general release, speed and rev rate to help you make decisions.
Another note about my videos are that I NEVER throw the ball in a spot more that 3-5 times. If I strike I move! Every shot is in a fresh area on the lane and there is NO spot that is burnt in to make the ball work better. If you don't see me play that part of the lane it is because I didn't get it to strike on it when that shot was fresh. During the correct time of league/tournament, I am sure you can play all over the place. You can always just change hand position, speed or rev rate. I just try to be honest and allow you to make an informed decision based on what I experienced. No tricks to make the equipment do something is was not intended to do.
Thanks for all the positive feed back!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 pm 

Nice explanation, Matt. Honest and factual. Good job on your videos; I feel they do let the ball rather than the bowler, shine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]