MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Official 2013 USBC Nationals discussion *Patterns Added*
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 pm 

This year we are back at the NBS, there are 2 shots, and every squad is fresh. Lots of changes. This will be the place to discuss strategies, experiences and gear choices.

The most significant change for the MOTIVnation:

MOTIV NOW HAS A BOOTH PRESENCE!!

Be sure to stop by and visit Frankie May!

As patterns come out and other information comes to light, let's make this a great resource for all those heading to Reno!

Team pattern:
http://kegel.net/V3/PatternLibraryPatte ... 8#TopGraph

Minors pattern:
http://kegel.net/V3/PatternLibraryPatte ... 9#TopGraph

Last edited by JustinWi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Official 2013 USBC Nationals discussion thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm 

As things happen at Nationals, I am curious to hear success on where the lanes are playing best, how Frankie May is setting people up, etc. Basic info that can prepare those of us coming later.

With the use of the new Ice oil, prepare for a slick surface is what I have heard.

An interesting side note: The BTM 123 tournament uses a Kegel machine set up by Kegel for their oiling. It has the Team Event pattern in it to use. However, they are not allowed to use ICE for their conditioner. That is only available to the NBS. So, for those bowling that side tourney, as I always do to get in a warm-up set, expect the NBS to play tighter than the 123. This info is from information I saw from Rick Ramsey who runs the BTM.

MPH 16-20
RR : 420
PAP 5.125 over 0.25 down

Post subject: Re: Official 2013 USBC Nationals discussion thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:42 pm 

I am curious to see if the 123 will change to the Ice lane conditioner as of April, when it becomes available to the general public or stay with the same conditioner the entire tournament (my guess).

I wish Kegel would delay the intro of the conditioner until July so those teams going later would not have an "advantage" to practice with that conditioner.

As far as attacking the pattern, slightly more aggressive covers will be needed in team vs minors to start but 2k to 4k surface will probably be best. Dont want to burn the early part of the pattern on the longer team pattern. I am thinking pin down 2k, 2Cruel for team and 4K Sigma Tour for minors as of now. will be competing on a version of the pattern next weekend...

300 X 20
800 X 10

Post subject: Re: Official 2013 USBC Nationals discussion *Patterns Added*
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 pm 

Will Frankie May have a determinator in the booth ???

Thanks,
Armadillosam

Tilt 17*
Rot 45-55*
RPM 215-245
Speed 14.4 (on moniter)
Pap 4 over, 1 up

Post subject: Re: Official 2013 USBC Nationals discussion *Patterns Added*
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 pm 

Bowled in tournament today on Nationals 39' s/d pattern - same drop brush technology, ProAnvilane AND new Ice oil (this was a "test center" run by a former touring pro, so they had the new oil). 6 on a pair like Nationals, but moved right so that was different. Plus being a singles event, too many people were "in there own world" and didn't work together, as teammates may do in Reno.

What we noticed - started playing about 10 to 6 with pin under ring 2Cruel at 4000AB. I had a decent look for practice and about half of game 1, but started getting push. switched to pin up Primal Scream at 4000AB and my look improved A LOT. the little more length and end of pattern angularity was the trick. I didn't score huge but the look was very nice (4 9 pins in first 3 games and 3 on doubles). I didn't have to move really at all until game 4. I was told this Ice oil holds up, and it does, so don't jump ahead expecting the transition or burn too early.

We had several heavy handed guys a couple of pairs in front of us and when we got to their lanes we had to jump about 5 left and go with weaker covers. All in all a good learning experience and valuable info for Reno in a few weeks...

300 X 20
800 X 10

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]