MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Raptor Talon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 pm 

I just orderd this ball,, anybody throwing this right now and what are your thoughts,, I'm in my 3rd full season using brunswick products and have nothing to compare them to..

Post subject: Re: Raptor Talon
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 pm 

I drilled one up for heavy oil patterns. It works very nice on the Shark pattern. Hooks considerably more than my Track 912T playing the same area of the lane. If you want a ball that will cut through the heaviest of patterns the Raptor Talon is a good piece.

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
In Use: Sport
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:27 pm 

I just bought the Raptor Talon last weekend. My first Motiv bowling ball. I used it for the first time in league play a few days ago. I shot 268, 226, 224 (718). I threw a few practice games with it today and shot 279, 235, 289 (803). My league average this year is 225. So far, I like the ball. I wanted a ball that will work good on heavy oil. I will use this ball when I bowl in the Nationals in Reno next month. I will have a better idea how good this ball is when I bowl on sport patterns, tournaments, etc. I've been mainly using the Storm VG Nano over the past couple of years. I've also used the Columbia 300 Wicked Encounter and the Hammer Trap. So far, the Talon has been my strongest ball. My bowling style is a power stroker/light tweener with a low/medium rev rate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm 

Make sure your ball driller understands how the Predator Core in the Raptor can rev up very quickly, so he/she can match up your layout for your specs, including ball speed and tilt and rotation numbers.

This ball is a monster with the correct layout.

Earlier start with a strong move at the breakpoint without being snappy or flippy. Great continuation thru the pins.

You must find oil to maximize this ball's potential.

If you bowl on medium or drier conditions, there are much better choices in the MOTIV lineup for you.

If you got a puddle, though, this baby's just the ticket.

Good luck, and let us know how it is going!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:43 pm 

Yes out THS is very oily,, the brunswick Aura and Nexxus that I use have a hard time with the backend on these,, now when the conditions break down no problem but initially they both tend to slide,, I am really new to the bowling game and my pro shop guy told me about this ball,, I will alert him to your suggestion about the drilling and see how it goes thanks for the response

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:01 pm 

Thanks for the information fellas,, I am anxious to start rolling this ball,, With the newer balls I have been able to raise my average from 179 to 200 in our scratch league,, other leagues I am in the 195 range,, I am going to bowl in the sport league this summer so I will be able to find out how well my arsenal will work in conjunction with the changing oil patterns,, Our THS is very oily and hopefully I can use some other angles and make the Talon work better on the backend.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]