MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: >>Tank Video<<
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm 

Here it is! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sL5GUMdxZg

Boom Apparel Staff

Post subject: Re: >>Tank Video<<
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 pm 

Very informative video. Really liked the comparisons. Hard to know which ball to get for burned up lanes. Looks like Tank best for really dry conditions but may lack the versatility needed for not quite toasted lanes. Toxin may be better all around choice for someone with a slower speed and rev rate (300-325 revs/14-15 mph), like us older guys. Seems like the Toxin may be more useful through the transition to dry. Do you think the Tank is a ball for very limited applications, i.e. very dry, or do you think it has the power to make it through the transition from medium oil to very dry? I have a Scream which does me well starting out the night and can usually last all night. But, sometimes get caught short when the lanes dry up pretty quick. Can only carry three balls: Scream, Plastic, ???? What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:19 am 

Hard for me to say if it can make the everyday bag, I think that is really based on the individual. However, I do think the ball is really limited to just dry/short conditions, it is urethane and that is the purpose of the release.

If you only carry 3 balls going from the Scream to the Tank in my opnion is too much of an extreme! I would recommend the Pearl Ascent or even the Solid Ascent and maybe polishing it to see a little more downlane reaction. Going from the Scream to the Tank will force you to switch zones you are playiong drastically! Hope this helps!

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am 

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your advice. I prefer to play down the boards and am not of big fan of "swinging" the ball, so to speak. I can do it, just rather not. I kind of thought the Tank would be a ball for very limited use, the kind of condition we rarely see at our house here. Need something just a little tamer than the Scream. The Scream usually can last all three games with some adjustments but there are times when its just too much. I like the "look" of the Toxin but it may be too much ball also. Again, thanks for taking the time to make the videos and to respond to queries about them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 pm 

No problem...if your goal is to get something a little to moderately "Tamer" than the Primal Scream the Venom Toxin is a good choice!

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 am 

I have had success switching to my Sigma Tour when the Primal Scream becomes too much ball, both at box finish, same layout. Just my experience...

Hey Mags, I bowl Sunnybrook on a Saturday mixed league. Lately they have dried up the shot a little and everything is hooking way too early. There has been nights when my Qz2 Blue has had all the hook I would ever need. Have you had a chance to try the TANK on old, high friction wood lanes? It seems like the perfect condition for the TANK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:32 am 

I actually have had the chance to bowl at Sunnybrook recently and was able to test the Tank there. Although the old wood there can really make the ball check early and often the Tank was still plenty clean. I actually saw a little of room playing it left to right just starting it just left of the track. The thing with the Tank or any urethane is you're not going to see that big continuation off the spot, unless you have a monster rev rate which I don't!

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:50 pm 

That's what I was hoping you would say, thanks again for some more great advice.

TJ Yeip did a ball motion analysis of me and a team mate at Bowling IQ just before he became a Motiv staffer. He put my rev rate at 420 and my team mate at 490 (who also throws only Motiv). I think there will be 2 new Motiv Tanks on the lanes really soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 pm 

With a 420 and 490 rev rate you can bet you'll like the Tank!

Your proshop can order a 2-ball package direct from MOTIV and get them sooner and even cheaper FYI!

Boom Apparel Staff

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]