MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Cheetah Pattern Tips?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm 

Hello MotivNation,
Well I'm going to be bowling a cheetah pattern tourny. Any tips on ball surfaces or anything? I call myself a power tweener. Approximately 15-16 mph and a med-high rev rate. (350 would be a shot in the dark). Heres my balls:

Raptor P7: Box Finish, Pin High
Raptor Attack: Box finish, Pin high(exact as p7)
Hammer Black Widow: 4000 grit wet, Pin down
Qz2 Backdraft: Brought back to box finish polished, Pin up (real weak and late)

Post subject: Re: Cheetah Pattern Tips?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:40 pm 

At first blush, my inclination would be that you have too much ball strength for any cheetah patterns, especially with your ball speed.

Of course, it will depend on the surface, the oil and the version of the Cheetah applied, but you may want to look at adding a ball or two to your arsenal.

The Ascent line offers the right amount of ball here; the Backdraft may be useful for you, and you might want to add something utilizing the Gear core, be it a GT1, a Venom Strike or Toxin.

Don't be afraid to practice playing the 'twig', the 1, 2 and 3 boards. It might come in handy!

Good luck, and let us know what you did to prepare, and how you fared.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm 

350 might be a little high... maybe around 300... But my tilt is in between up the back and up the side. I'm left handed so usually i have the whole side to myself. Could i be able to throw my p7 with an extra hole then go to my attack with an extra hole? I read extra holes stabalize the ball without it being too snappy on the cheetah. I'll have to talk to my pro shop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 am 

I must agree with Mick on this one. That is a lot of ball for a very quick pattern. I have attached the old USBC documentation for advice on how to attack the pattern. Specifically though, the area I would suggest you let influence your decision is on the second page on the right, under "Ball types".

Based on your information, I also agree that a gear core would be a good choice if you were to go with new equipment. While I like the length provided, I would be a little worried that, at your speed, the Ascent line be a little snappy.

As for your existing equipment, the Backdraft will probably be the most useful without having to fight to stay left for most of the day.

In other words, I agree with Mick but think you should be cautious when selecting a layout with the Ascent.

Just my 2 Lincolns

H1

Attachments:
File comment: how to play it
cheetah_Page_2.jpg
cheetah_Page_2.jpg [ 197.87 KiB | Viewed 5967 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm 

Sorry about the late reply, But I started out throwing the p7 out to the 3board pretty strait up. But had to switch to my Attack after a game of breaking down. I have to say the attack did very good as i continued using that the rest of the day. It worked really good when the oil eas messed up. But it wasnt as i expected because it seemed longer rhan it should of been. Other bowlers were saying the same thing. But i ended up -13 and made the cut. Had a big battle fighting in the finals. Lost by 10my pins to advance. But still ended up 9th thanks to Motiv. Thanks for the tips. I am MOTIVATED!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]