MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Tank with a MOtion Hole VIDEO!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:40 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbLff-Aix_A

Post subject: Re: Tank with a MOtion Hole VIDEO!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 pm 

Great video, You can really see the motion of the ball. Has a nice arc on the end and doesn't appear to over react at all. What kinds of conditions would this drilling be best for? I realize the Tank is primarily for drier lanes but you seem to be bowling on some oil and still getting a good reaction. I'm looking for something a little tamer that my Scream. Though the Scream generally makes it through the night with adjustments, on some occasions its just too much. I'm an older bowler about medium speed and revs (I guess, no real way to be accurate at my centers). I was thinking the Toxin or the Ascent as a step down but the Tank might work too. Thinking it may be too much of a drop from the Scream though, like a good third ball in the bag when the lanes are toast. Any advice?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:24 am 

The MOtion hole is used to generate length and quicker transition of the spot. I don't think it is what your looking for. Having a Urethane ball and trying to do a video is a challenge. I just did the MOtion hole as an experiment. Think it worked well. On shorter, fresh patterns it is actually a possibility to use. In your case, the Primal Scream is looking like it is a bit too much. I would suggest the Thrash Frenzy. The core is only 1 step down from what your using now. If you go with a Toxin you will have to drill it quite strong (smaller pin length) to get it to work right under the Scream. The Thrash Frenzy gets so much more length that the Scream but still has a good amount of movement in the backend. The Venom Toxin is close in the length department. It actually rolls a bit sooner because it is a Hybrid but the back end is actually quite a bit less.
If you want the same length as the Scream but less back end you can also drill a Venom Strike with a longer pin. It rolls very strong through the pins but it has about half the backend of the Scream.
Check out my other videos for a comparison.

Good Luck!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm 

Wow! Great information, really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give such a good answer to all my questions.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]