MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: back from reno
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am 

Using the toxin. Playing real deep. Starting at 16 to 9. As lane broke down just mover one board more inside.
All events was 1857. Did not shoot lights out but respectfull.

Had bad experiance at motiv booth.

I went to motive booth to get new bag. They asked to look at my balls for layouts.
Why was i told my stuff would not work at nationals?
Was told I need all new balls for nationals. I love motiv equipment. But when i was told from this from someone who does know me or even any of my stats I was surpised. By no means am i a professional ball bal driller. But i do know you need someones Revs, ball speed, axil tilt to even start thinking what kind of drill pattern would work. I know they are there to sell things but think they would ask more qustions before selling you something. Sorry but that is bad custome service.

Post subject: Re: back from reno
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:19 am 

Agreed, you need to know as much about a bowlers stats as possible in order to properly address a layout recommendation. Very important to have this info, however, after watching bowlers of ALL STYLES throw on the shot(s) for 3 months, an educated ball driller should have a fairly good idea of what layouts & surfaces should work for a given "style" of bowler. I always like to watch a person throw a few shots before I make any recommendations. Not always do-able but that is the procedure I like to follow.
My question is, why did they want to look at your ball layouts when you came in to purchase a bag? Did you ask them what was working at Nationals? Very common question I ask when I go to Nationals (3 more wks) of all the booths, knowing full well they are going to recommend a layout for one of the balls they are selling. I understand why they do that so between their info, watching bowlers similar to my style, and using past experience I make up my own mind on what I need to throw.
As you saw, Motiv is sharing a booth w/another company so they may have not been as familiar w/Motiv equipment as a true MOTIV-ite !!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:53 pm 

No i did not ask what was scoring.Just wanted a new bag. Just because one person scores big with a ball and drill would not work for everyone. I just wanted a new bag because the bottom of my bag was ripping. As i was changing the balls over to new bag they wanted to check out my laypouts. Went in to spend $150 and they wanted to sell me over $350 of new balls.

Bob Michalojko wrote:
Agreed, you need to know as much about a bowlers stats as possible in order to properly address a layout recommendation. Very important to have this info, however, after watching bowlers of ALL STYLES throw on the shot(s) for 3 months, an educated ball driller should have a fairly good idea of what layouts & surfaces should work for a given "style" of bowler. I always like to watch a person throw a few shots before I make any recommendations. Not always do-able but that is the procedure I like to follow.
My question is, why did they want to look at your ball layouts when you came in to purchase a bag? Did you ask them what was working at Nationals? Very common question I ask when I go to Nationals (3 more wks) of all the booths, knowing full well they are going to recommend a layout for one of the balls they are selling. I understand why they do that so between their info, watching bowlers similar to my style, and using past experience I make up my own mind on what I need to throw.
As you saw, Motiv is sharing a booth w/another company so they may have not been as familiar w/Motiv equipment as a true MOTIV-ite !!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 am 

They went for a bigger sale, and were probably actually trying to help. It sounds like their delivery/sales pitch may have been off a bit in your case, but I suspect they were just attempting to do their job. I can't blame them for making the effort.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm 

I have a friend that had a similar problem with someone out there and he thought they might have been working for Visionary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 pm 

the guys in the motiv booth did seem a little bit like used car salesmen. they had some pretty good info on what was working on the lanes but may have come off a little brash. One guy did tell me that the Sigma Tour was only a good ball for House conditions and not worth bringing onto the nationals lanes. He was probably wanting to make sure u had stuff with smooth layouts. Nothing jumpy. A ball with a "Motion Hole" on the nationals condition may not work well for 95% of the people out there. Stuff with smoother transitions is most likely what he was getting at. Pin down with the mass bias on or past your vertical axis line and 2000 grit finish is more like what he should of explained to u. Something like that?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]