MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: MOTIV... Going Strong!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 pm 

It's been extremely long since I have been around this place. Last time I was it was me basically going over to Storm. Only cause I wanted to open up my options as a bowler and see what the whole thing was about and I did see some success with Storm.

I came extremely close to shooting a few 300's and got some high 700 series as well. Although, I should let you all know I haven't picked up a bowling ball since probably April of 2012. The place I always bowled at was shutdown and I just felt like it was the best time to stop.

I also moved away and driving the hour up to San Antonio once a week was just kind of making it not so fun. Overall, I still think about getting back into bowling though and I think if I ever did it would probably be me using MOTIV again. Not that I didn't enjoy Storm and Roto Grip, but I guess MOTIV was what gave me my whole passion and drive for bowling to begin with and I think to find that again you have to go back home to the place where you found it in the first place, you know?

I know that most of you are probably reading this and saying, who the hell is this guy? But for the old-time people on this forum or those that have been around for about 2 years or longer will know me.

To those of you who don't, I'll probably be around here more as I start to try and get back into bowling again. Anyway, it was good to see MOTIV more on the TV this past year and congrats to the MOTIV staff on winning some titles.

Post subject: Re: MOTIV... Going Strong!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 pm 

Great to hear from you man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am 

Welcome back FUPA... and I totally understand the "whole passion and drive" comment.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 am 

Welcome back.Great to hear from you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:29 pm 

FUPA! Welcome back buddy!! (formally StickZ) good to hear from you! hope all is well and you get back to the sport you love man!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:50 pm 

Thanks guys and girl! I'll admit that things have been going really good for me outside of bowling. I moved away from San Antonio after being laid off from my job. I ended up falling into a really good position and starting from scratch with NAPA Auto Parts.

I got hired and worked myself up to being the store manager now. I just got another raise, got a percentage of the company, and then some other perks like extra bonus stuff for sales and other things.

Overall, I'd say it's been really good! Only thing that was bad is I kind of lost myself and got out of bowling. Like I said, some of it was because they did close down the bowling center, but some of it was work.

Kind of sucked working till 5, driving to San Antonio for league by 7, and then driving home after like 9 or 10 at night to go back to work the next morning. Just kind of got stressful and kind of was making my game suck.

But even though it was doing that, I did finish my last 2 leagues I did above 200. I finished my last full one at 201 and then the one I left like 3 weeks early I was at 204 or 205.

I definitely was getting better cause I remember when I first started I was bowling 181 to 184 as far as average goes in leagues.

Anyway, it's good to see all of you as well!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 am 

Welcome back & stay MOTIV-ated !!!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 pm 

Great too see you are back!!!

TURBO Staff Member
IBMA International Bowling Media Association Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 am 

Thanks!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]