MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Longer and Stronger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm 

With the re-positioning of balls in the ball guide and new releases that have come out. Does it seem to most that use Motiv that the brand is becoming more about length and strength off the spot? For myself, I am not sure if that's what I am looking for if you are going to be brand loyal. There are some options but other than the Raptor Talon the last number of releases seem to be about length and strength off the spot.

Brett's comment in another of my threads....."Second, balls move on the chart when we feel like we have the ability to manufacture a ball that better represents the shape described by that particular box on the chart. Essentially, if we can make a ball that is more angular, later, and still hooks that much we will. The result is that, by comparison, the ball already in the line would better represent delayed rather than late hook. Does that make sense?"

Post subject: Re: Longer and Stronger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:14 pm 

I think you are correct, to a degree. I think Motiv is primarily trying to offer a complete line of equipment. Long and angular is something that I've heard many say was missing. Some of the most recent release seems to target that. Other recent releases seem favor the other side of the chart, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm 

Almost too many balls anymore. Just gets confusing after awhile. There are 12 balls (counting the three Ascents as one ball) now available with holes in the chart for three more. Seems like ten balls should do the trick. Three heavy oil, three medium oil, three light oil with an angular, moderate, smooth motion balls for each oil condition, plus the Sniper. Maybe the pros need more balls but doubt league bowlers do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:53 pm 

Bowling doesn't need another Storm/Roto grip clone manufacturer. The reason I like Motiv and have invested a ton of money into the line is because of their CURRENT set of roll characteristics. If I want longer but stronger I'll go back to Rotogrip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 am 

I thought about what I posted originally in this thread over the past week or so. I have changed my mind on longer/stronger and Motiv's use of stronger covers on their new stuff. Fusion Pearl and Whiplash solid and pearl.

Now with the release of the Tribal (Fusion pearl) I think this does fill a niche. One can always make a stronger cover ball weaker by changing cover by scuff by hand or weaker layouts. You can go down but it's hard to make a weak ball strong.

Then, add to that the more modern release of not over hitting the ball to make it react on backend and for some the ability to pick up ball speed. Stronger balls you don't have to hit in fact you don't want to.

The early Motiv balls SX-1 and so forth had a weak cover and were very susceptible to carry down. I see less of this with the more recent Motiv equipment.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]