MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Cruel Intent
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm 

Not sure if I will invest in this ball or not.

Love the tribal and toxin - both are fantastic in my game
The Rage is also good, but for me it isn't the ball that it is for others. the thrash frenzy I picked up used seems like it will be a better ball for me than the rage......i still liek the rage, think the Scream might fit my game better though.

So that brings us to the Cruel intent. Fusion cover has been real hit and eh...so so. i picked up a used C51 LE and I it sucked (might be a layout issue I have some questions on the other forum to try to sort this out....bottomline is it hardly moved on Viper and I had to get my hand on side of the ball to produce any motion)

So worth it, or would I be better off with trying a Raptor talon? i have a Raptor P7 I picked up used that I intent to try out.....

On a side note.....I think the graphic artists missed the mark on the NEO graphics for this one. Everyone keeps referring to it as Intent Cruel......they should have revered the tribal art look to the top and put the Intent portion below the Cruel name. I know they probably reuse molds a bit for ease.....but something that should eb watch for in the future.....anyway that is a side topic.

Wondering what suggestions people have for me (I know hard without video and seeing me throw.....) I am just not sure I will get the oil I need to hook the world and I also am not sure if this core does anything for me or if my one attempt to test was thwarted by a bad drilling....

Post subject: Re: Cruel Intent
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:13 pm 

I can see where you may have an issue with deciding what to buy, but understand this about the core in the Cruel series. The core in the original C51 is different from the other 2 in the line. By comparing the pictures, the shape is similar, but to me it looks like the sinister core is a more refined version of the original C51. Hopefully you can get results from changing the layout on your C51. I have had 2 C51 balls. Loved the first one, until it was eaten by a ball return. Had some issues with the replacement at first, possible layout issues that I haven't addressed myself because it doesn't seem as aggressive as my first one, but have been able to adjust to what it can do with release tweaks. It may not be the monster my first one was, but I can still be cruel to the competition when I pull it out of the bag! Hope that helps.

In the Bag
Raptor Talon
Cruel
Double Agent
Shift
X-Factor Deuce
X-Factor
Random Spare Ball

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:42 am 

An update....also posted in layout section.....did I find the problem........Shrug shoulders.....don't know but me likey what I see.......just not sure how many games I could do it on......anyway story below.

Okay, SO after having so many problems weds, I decided to go bowl for an hour last night with just the LE, Thrash Frenzy (another ball I got used recently) and just work on my release and see if I could get a better idea what was going on.

Sure enough first game the LE was straight as an arrow and the Frenzy was solid. I used the Frenzy for a majority of strike balls 179 180 186 - not bad considering I wasn't using a spare ball at all, and goofing around with different spare shooting styles.

But after two games, I again felt the need to figure out the LE.....I started trying different lines, pushing the ball farther out, and then I decided to get a bit more finger in the ball as I just wasn't seeing solid rotation.....

BAM....the C51 LE starts reacting like a rice burner on a NOS boost. It was like a light coming on. Everyball I threw no matter where seemed to be correcting and hitting the pocket I went 237 with one split open, a washout I picked up and an 8 on the end.....all the rest strikes. Next game I had 3 opens and the rest strikes 217, last game two spares and struck out to the second to last ball for a 246......a 700 set with a ball I couldn't turn when I first got to the alley.

My only thought is perhaps I wasn't getting the core revved up enough to do what it needed to?

i finished out my 8 game practice session with a 196 (with 3 splits.....I needed to move and was stubborn) and a 243 for a 212 average over 8 games (for me that is pretty damn solid numbers and when you factor in no normal spare ball I am used to, that number seems to impress me more. I think I may keep the ball as is, until I get another 1-2 practice sessions in.

If this ball continues to hit the pins like this, what looked like a dud may end up as my go to stud in the future......

Much more impressed and comfortable after last night. I will get all my speed and revs stuff up. problem is, my speed looks different in each house I go (I assume it is where the sensor measure the ball or how it reads it - I think it is around 14.5-15) though with Motiv stuff I have been trying to load the ball a bit more and I think it may be closer to 15.5-16.5 range now. I have a high track (not sure exact angle of tilt), people say I have low revs, I need to measure because they look more med than low...(maybe Medium towards low side of scale?)..but defintiely I am no cranker.....

i have been very impressed by the Motive stuff I have been throwing.....putting up good numbers when my game is on.....(better than before when my game was on) - I really only got them to do some comparisons with other balls I throw......that backfired.....big time.

Now I may HAVE to invest in the Cruel intent.....Damn you Motiv!!!!! you may have hooked me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:19 pm 

With not much to go on...

You may want to consider the two major reasons that you see bowling balls hit like marshmallows. Too little friction to create the transition and angle for a nice shot and (less considered but just as prevalent) too much friction to maintain the energy needed to transition.

I am not as well versed in the science and terminology but, if you were attempting to play the Cruel LE in the track area of the lane or outside of maybe 10 on a drier THS, you may have been seeing the cover "burn out" on the earlier friction. If memory serves me the LE had a higher friction coverstock and would need some volume of oil to get down the lane and make its transition. By playing an area of the lane that has naturally higher friction, you may have been seeing the ball rolling out.

Just my 2 Lincolns but maybe Brett or Justin could provide more insight. Brett's post grouping equipment by speed of transition is a good read that may help give a foundation of what I am poorly explaining.

H1

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]