MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The Ball Guide
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:05 pm 

Myself, I am a little confused with the ball guide. If you have 4 balls with the same cover how do you rank them? It seems as if Motiv is using the strength of the Diff to do so but how much a ball can flare and where the ball can flare from is totally different. Example is the Primal Rage and the Sigma Sting. My Sting and Rage are drilled exactly the same and have the same surface. The RG of the Sting makes it much earlier and much stronger down lane than the Rage. The Primal Rage would just be more angular if it ever got into a roll. I think of a ball that rolls earlier as stronger. When I encounter a larger volume of oil I don't look form the most "potential" flare but the ball that will roll. When the volume is lighter I don't want a ball to "roll" early and roll out so I look for a higher diff to get down the lane more and save energy. The chart doesn't address length of pattern but volume of oil and that is where I get confused.
Am I wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:40 am 

The last part of your statement is confusing. "When the volume is lighter I don't want a ball to "roll" early and roll out so I look for a higher diff to get down the lane more and save energy." Do you mean higher RG? Because the Primal Rage has a higher diff ratio than the Sigma, it's going to flare more, which means it will be better in heavier amounts of oil. Because otherwise low flaring balls are better suited for low volumes of oil. The cores really dictate what condition they are best for. However I will say that the cover in general is a strong cover. The Tribal is a very strong ball for it being classed as a "medium-light" oil ball. I wouldn't say early roll dictates strength. The diff and flare are indicators of how strong the core is. The Venom's are good examples of this. Because of their low diff cores AND low rg, they are very smooth but also very tame. That's why so many people like them on lower volume patterns. I hope that makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 am 

I think one thing to keep in mind is that it is a ball "guide", it's not going to be exact for everyone, but based on testing and the numbers these are where "most" bowlers can expect to find these ball in relationship to each other.

Boom Apparel Staff

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2