MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Lost your reaction? Read this...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 pm 

titletowncards wrote:
Justin,
What have you seen in the Adrenaline Wipes from Powerhouse?
http://powerhousebowling.com/news/news_detail/ebonite_international_inc._hires_rich_hanson_as_powerhouse_brand_manager

Sorry to bring an Ebo. brand here to the Motiv forum. ;)

Has anybody used these wipes??? Reactions?? The Motiv Clean works great. I have these wipes in my bag , but havent used them due to Justin's comments. Will they break the textures down?

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm 

I had a daily cleaning routine that I utilized at the WSOB. I would clean my equipment with power gel clean right after the block.

Then depending on the surface I wanted to maintain I would touch the covers with the appropriate grit pad and some water.

For my heavy oil gear after I completed the first two steps mentioned previously, I would wipe the ball down with those Adrenaline Wipes.

The ball looked very clean and dull. I was told by Connor Pickford, a friend/fellow staffer that the wipes seem to eat away at the coverstock of the ball.

He had used them on some other equipment and claimed that the ball hooked almost 2 arrows more for the first couple of shots, then completely straightened out.

I stopped using them as I try to get the max life out of the ball and don't want to compromise my covertock's durability or performance characteristics.

To each his own though. The bottom line is that having a maintenance schedule just like for your car will help prolong the life of your equipment as well as keep your striking percentage up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:09 pm 

Well I gave the 2 Cruel and the Primal Scream the powerhouse wipe treatment and lost reaction in both balls.

So, using the suggestion provided which was an Aggressive cut to restore texture once reaction has been reduced. Once the surface got broken down and reaction is significantly reduced and not being restored by a quick scuff, a 320 wet/dry or 360 Abralon pad will be required to expose new, fresh, textured, oil hungry cover.

After this , both balls are back in action and doing fine. I am just using the Motiv Clean now after roughly 10 games or so..

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:54 am 

A year behind the last post I see, but I may have something to add.

My favorite ball is the Brunswick Wicked Siege. Sadly, it is getting replaced this week, for it has died.

After cooking it (130-135 degrees controlled) and getting an impressive amount of oil out of it, I cut it twice in the last 2 weeks, with 360 (6 sides), then 500 Abralon (4 sides). First time used a tiny bit of rubbing compound to try to match OOB. Second time was just left at 500. And the 500 was a light touch. It just doesn't want to turn the corner anymore. At 500, it should be exponentially stronger than my Med-Dry lane ball. And that's just not the case. My polished med-dry ball comes back with thick oil rings on it, and it makes a nice move, down and in. The Wicked just sails right through. It's not burning up. Plenty of oil for it to retain energy. The coverstock seems to be too hard now to take a decent surface or to be able to take in any oil.

Anybody experience this coverstock hardening with any other balls?

But, through all of this sadness comes the opportunity to finally try a Motiv ball. My Cruel Intent should be arriving today. Stronger than the Wicked, but I have a larger arsenal now than I did back when I purchased the Wicked. I have room for a stronger ball. I can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:47 am 

Surface equates to earlier friction, less backend, and less overall hook. Shiny dry lane balls will out-hook anything at 500 when there is a shortage of oil and lots of friction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:56 pm 

Has anyone tried "The Wave" oil remover with their Motiv Balls??? I know we shouldn't promote a competitor but just asking. Looks interesting and I have seen very positive results with other balls.

The ball is heated gradually in a water container to a safe and consistent temperature of 140 degrees, bringing the oil to the surface of the ball. The water moves around the ball in a circulating motion, and the force of the water, along with the Wave Solution, removes the oil from the surface, while keeping the plasticizer in the ball. A filter removes the oil from the water as the water recycles through the machine. A complete ball cleaning cycle lasts approximately 45 minutes, at which time a built-in radiator helps to cool the water back to room temperature.

Opinions? Justin?

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3