MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Balance Hole Placement
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 pm 

With several of the Motiv cores having gaps in them how can I be sure to remove core material when utilizing flare increasing balance holes?

I'm considering a Primal Rage and Sigma Sting but am concerned I won't know for sure if a p3 hole will really affect the core dynamics with the shape in each ball especially the Primal.

Anyone know for sure?

Post subject: Re: Balance Hole Placement
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 am 

It will still work. If you take a look at the layouts I use for a LOT of our tour guys you'll see that we use double thumbs, p3's and other holes like that to lower RG and raise Diff. I've seen results consistent with the parameters of the gradient line hole method. I wouldn't be afraid to proceed as if it were a boring old core in the ball. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:47 pm 

Brett,

What Motiv ball would you consider best for a "motion hole"?

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
In Use: Sport
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 pm 

Essentially, all a motion hole does is turn a core into more of a flywheel shape. Given that logic, the best one would be the core with the most flywheel tendencies. The core that would meet that requirement is definitely the Primal Rage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:40 pm 

Interesting...I was thinking it would be a solid symmetrical that you could take the most mass out of...such as the Thrashes, TX1 or one of the Toxins

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:58 pm 

You should probably do that. It's likely better than my idea as I don't use those at all. I honestly don't think a single ball has come off of the truck with a motion hole. I was just hypothesizing based on the purpose of the hole.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:22 pm 

Your answer sounded very logical to me...I was just looking for more info on it if I could find it.

I would think the motion hole would be more for THS anyway as I doubt the PBA guys need any more continuation on the backend.

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 pm 

I would love to see a motion hole in a Primal Rage... Boy would that thing flip. It'd probably be very impractical but would sure be fun to mess around with. :P

I think the motion hole would be best in something like the Venom series. The best results are usually seen in weaker bowling balls, since it changes the hook potential quite dramatically.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 am 

Im not sure what it is about my release specs.... but i absolutely LOVE every motion hole ball ive drilled for myself thus far. If you have a good scientific understanding of how the four different forces that you impart on a ball at the point of release, you would definately look at my specs and assume that motionholes would be terrible for me. 13mph seems rev dominant, but then take into consideration my absolutely absurd amount of axis tilt, and that is almost like immediately adding another 3-4mph to my monitor speed. Therefore realistically making me very much speed dominant.

13mph at monitor
220-240rpms
45*axis rotation
And nearly 30* of tilt (closer to 27*)
With a PAP of only 3.75 right by 0.25 up
41' BRUNSWICK DEFENSE OIL THS ON PROANVILANE

Anyways, my very first motion hole ball was with a short pin (1.5" pin out) incinerate solid. Bc of the short pin, i was forced to go pin down under my ring. Threw it without the hole, and OMG i was so close to throwing this turd in the dumpster lol. It would literrally start to transition at the arrows, and would be completely spent by the 45' mark, lol. With nothing to lose, i immediately went straight to a 1" hole at 4" deep. This gave it about five to six extra feet, with the most backend and continuation i think ive ever seen before especially from such a strong solid cover. (im positive theres some sorta particles in it, despite them not marketing it to be.)

Anyways, ive since drilled up two more motion hole balls, to experiment and see for myself whether or not the only reason it worked so well for me was due to the super strong F90 cover and huge sym core. But to my surprise, it worked just as well, in both a hybrid medium strength cover, and a polished solid cover found on the new Green Envy Vibe.

I know this has nothing to do with Motiv balls or that of the op concerns, but i just found it interesting enough to throw it out there, in hopes that maybe Mr. Spangler can perhaps shed some light on why someone with such high tilt like myself is having such great success with the aforementioned motion hole layouts, which obviously adds extra length to ones ball reaction

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]