MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Primal Rage a good compliment to the Shock for heavier oil?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:11 pm 

So after a long hiatus from the game, I've recently started bowling again and after extensive research I decided to go with Motiv and pick up a Venom Shock to start back up. Turns out I made an excellent choice and will be rolling all Motiv for my upcoming sport shot league and mixed trios. I am a higher rev (415'ish) bowler at about 17mph. Most THS shots the Shock does great but at some of the slicker lanes in my area, it doesn't really start to shine until mid second game. Obviously it'll be even more difficult to get the reaction I'm wanting on any sport shot. Is the Rage a good choice to go with for those patterns where my Shock just isn't getting back quick enough? I've rolled a friend's Cruel Intent and it was a bit too much ball. I realize I can just move farther in with the Shock but at this stage in my game I'd rather have something in my bag that will allow me to play the same shot I'm comfortable with. Hadn't bowled in 14 years, since I was 16 and three weeks after starting back and picking up the Shock, I've already notched a 627 series and a 244 high game. Amazing equipment!

Post subject: Re: Primal Rage a good compliment to the Shock for heavier o
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm 

I like starting with my Revolt then balling down to the Shock. The Revolt handles the higher oil volume and when the lanes break down it is a easy ball switch for me without changing lines too much.

Post subject: Re: Primal Rage a good compliment to the Shock for heavier o
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm 

We are kinda in the same boat but on opposite ends. I was away from bowling for years too. Now I went with the Rage but I need something that is calmer because when the lanes start breaking down, I can't left fast enough it seems. So I'm looking at drilling up a Shock with length and leverage layout with pin above ring finger.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]