MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: GT1 NEW CORE AND COVER
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm 

Simply just love this ball. As long as you've got a little bit of help in the midlane, the GT1 will destroy racks all day long. I know a lot of people on here have talked about the great aggressiveness they've seen from this piece, but for me, it's been a wonderful mid-range ball that smooths out uncontrollable backends, creating amazing predictability down lane.

My GT1 is pin next to my ring finger, 3 3/8" from my axis with a small x-hole. I have a few other pieces drilled like this that are absolutely explosive, but they also are so aggressive that they have the inability to get through the transition without burning up early unless I'm suitcasing the ball at release.

The GT1 gives me plenty of length through the heads without added effort, plenty of midlane explosiveness, and continuation through the backends to really do some damage. I appreciate the folks at Motiv for making a ball that really fills gaps for bowlers and reliable equipment you could fill a whole bag with. This ball is such a great complement to the rest of my equipment that it has been in my bag ever since I got it a little over a month ago. No problem scoring on THS, and short/medium length sport shots have been a lot easier to attack without the crazy over/under reaction a lot of other equipment can give you on some shorter patterns. Bowled a long set on the 2009 BTM shot (39 ft flat) with new Brunswick ProAnvilane and was amazed at my ability to attack the lanes from multiple angles with the GT1.

Overall, the GT1 is a real winner for me. Expecting great things from the TR2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:26 pm 

Time for braging on the forum now that spring leagues are done in a 11 week span of time i had 4 sanctioned 300's with the GT1 and a sanctioned 858, now thats good stuff. The fourth and final 300 game i threw the 12th ball with my shirt over my head. Thats the good life shooting 300 and proving to the world that the Ray Charles pattern is out there at a center near you :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:22 pm 

Love the way the GT1 fits into the Motiv line. Mine will rev up easily (helpful for us rev-challenged guys :D ), reads the mids-earlier than my TX1 or SX1, but still have plenty left on the backend for a strong finish. Worked very well on the Chamelon & Scorpion patterns in our PBA Exp. League. Hit it w/fresh 1000 Abralon and moved 4/5 right on the Shark and worked fine there but the TR2 is best suited for that type of pattern.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:40 pm 

Having joined a PBA Experience League for the first time this spring, I knew I need a more aggressive ball. Ted Boltz at Northway suggested the GT1. I am here to tell you I am not disappointed. The GT1 has allowed me to compete at a much higher level than I could have previously. I even beat Ted with it. What else can be said. Love the ball, great work Motiv.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2