MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Motiv in Rochester NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:21 am 

I recently started to get myself back into bowling. Took myself to Bowlers World in Henrietta NY by the direction of a good friend and great bowler. Left with a 505a, drilled by JustinWi (i think), not to take away from his knowledge for in a short 20 minute drill i learned a lot, but i couldn't stand the ball (partially because i'm still not very good). After weeks of practice at Empire Lanes (Webster, NY) it seemed like all i saw rolling down the lanes was the Motiv "M" in some variation. I took myself into the pro shop at Empire and had a QZ1 Red drilled and WOW!!!. After tweaking my layout/adding a slug and grips..... my average shot up from a horrible 130 to a 170 with in weeks. The more i bowled the more Motiv equipment i saw rolling down the lanes, took myself to a few other alleys and saw the same thing..... just as many "M"'s rolling down the lane as the Brunswick "B's" and Storm "S's". Seems like no matter who you talk to in any of my leagues or practice sessions they do nothing but rave about Motiv.... i for see my Tzone being the only non-motiv equipment by mid summer as all the local pro-shops are pushing these balls hard. The to do list consists of the an SR2/SX1 clear 3 ball roller and a few more t-shirts. GREAT job Motiv..... The Rochester NY bowling scene is pushing your gear as hard as anyone!

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

Post subject: Re: Motiv in Rochester NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 am 

Hey Carlton, glad to see you have found success with Motiv!

Mike and Rich bowl on the Monday scratch league and I subbed there a few times and we got to talking about the lineup. They grabbed a couple balls and drilled them for themselves and ever since they have sold a ton of Motiv balls. Sorry the 505 didn't work out for you, wish you would have let me know so we could fix it but no worries.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:03 am 

Carlton works haha but its Colton....(ill take either, its good to be remembered lol)

I was going to make it out to talk to you about the 505a but heard from Zak that you didn't work there anymore so I figured if i ran into ya I'd talk to ya about it, after working with Rich I'm pretty sure my trouble is just low speed and that need for a new pitch in my thumb which we've been working on for about a week now. Let me know if you end up drilling some where else or even at Bowlers Zone? (my pick haha) If someone notices I'm throwing the QZ1 and does a lot of bowling they always ask me about you (its funny i bowled with a guy last Wednesday at Fairview, saw the RED and my Motiv t-shirt, named droped you before introducing himself) .... Cant wait to expand my Motiv arsenal with an SR2 or GT1 shortly.

Actually if you do end up drilling somewhere again id love to sit down with you and map out my PAP/learn a bit more about my lay out for future Motiv's

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:42 am 

blueliner011 wrote:
Carlton works haha but its Colton....(ill take either, its good to be remembered lol)

Durp, I'm sorry man. I saw so many people it was hard to keep track of names, but I did know exactly who you were!

blueliner011 wrote:
I was going to make it out to talk to you about the 505a but heard from Zak that you didn't work there anymore so I figured if i ran into ya I'd talk to ya about it

Yeah, that whole situation is a mess, but thankfully over. It'll be kinda nice to be able to help everyone now that I am not tied to one specific place. I'm glad Rich took good care of you.

blueliner011 wrote:
If someone notices I'm throwing the QZ1 and does a lot of bowling they always ask me about you (its funny i bowled with a guy last Wednesday at Fairview, saw the RED and my Motiv t-shirt, named droped you before introducing himself)

Haha, there are definitely more than a few people out there that have talked to me about the Motiv gear over the past several months!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]