MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Motiv in Reno?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:23 pm 

Does Motiv have a booth or balls available at the Nationals?

:D

Post subject: Re: Motiv in Reno?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm 

Ansel,

You beat me to the question.

Scott, will you have a booth in Reno? I'd love to help out when there (May 13-16). I had flyers last year (in July) and wore my MOTIV shirts there for 4 days (yes i washed it)...lol

The fun thing was during doubles. I was using the GT1 I just drilled and shot 680, while wearing the (at the time) unavailable polo shirt. I got SOOOO many questions about what I was throwing. It helped that I had a great look. Then the next day I cash (790) in the BTM. I bowled with 3 West Coast regional players on my pairs and beat them all with the GT1. They were asking A LOT of questions about where they could get one.

It is so great getting in on the "ground floor" of a wonderful company and would love to give a little back while in Reno if you guys will be there.

Jeff
Seed Staff Member
300X17
800X6

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am 

Motiv will not be having a booth at Nat'ls this year. Space is very limited at the Nat'l Stadium and none of the other manufactors was willing to share a booth space. I have recommended to them that they contact the pro shop @ Grand Sierra where the BJ & BTM will be held. ALot of bowlers bowl those side tournaments and will be going into and/or right by that pro shop. I'm sure they will have a booth at future Nat'l tournaments.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm 

I drilled at the Brunswick booth in Albuquerque 2 years ago, that was a great experience. It was the first time I was at Nationals as well, so it was a lot to take in. But again it was a great experience nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm 

Bob,
I would'nt let them do any ball drilling at the Grand Sierra. If you, and Justin were there to drill great. I live in Reno, they drilled one ball for me, 2 days later it was plugged. I have a couple of ball drillers in town that are good, one is mine and he is the best one in Reno. Scott has my email if MOTIV needs anything here in town.

David Wilson
pba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 pm 

Bob Michalojko wrote:
Motiv will not be having a booth at Nat'ls this year. Space is very limited at the Nat'l Stadium and none of the other manufactors was willing to share a booth space. I have recommended to them that they contact the pro shop @ Grand Sierra where the BJ & BTM will be held. ALot of bowlers bowl those side tournaments and will be going into and/or right by that pro shop. I'm sure they will have a booth at future Nat'l tournaments.

Thank you ..... Perhaps 2011!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:00 pm 

Thanx for the heads-up, golfdad29. My doubles partner had a ball drilled there one year and I did have to lay it out for him. However, since you are in Reno you would definitely know better than I whom to go to. I just figured that since the 2 big side tourney's were going to be at the Grand Sierra it would be a good place to showcase some Motiv bowling balls. I'd be happy to go out and promote Motiv to that pro shop and show him how best to drill the equipment for various style bowlers that want a good reaction at Nat'ls.
Anyway I don't bowl Nat'ls until June so I can't wait to hear the feedback on the shot. Thanx again.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 pm 

Bob,
I'll let you know how the shot plays, I bowl on the 11th of April. I was wearing my MOTIV tee shirt today at the Grand Sierra, I had a bunch of students bowling in the City tournament. I have a lot of work to do out here. Nobody has a clue on the equipment. I think there are 20 balls in Reno, I'm throwing 6 of them and the rest are sitting in a corner of someones shop. I wouldn't bet money that there will be a booth at the Grand Sierra. I don't know what staff, ( if any ) the owner of Bowlers Depot is on, but he's not a big advocate of the equipment. Post something on MOTIV's facebook page, or here, before you come out and I'll come down and chat. That's how I met Brett.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]