MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: compliment ball
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:09 am 

I am just wondering if you are using a GT1 for your main ball which of the Motiv balls is a good compliment for when the lanes start to break down or you get carrydown?

Post subject: Re: compliment ball
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 am 

I would say the best ball to use in that situation is either the SR2 or SX1 for the carrydown or the QZ1 for when the lanes starts to open up a dry area. I have the GT1 and QZ1 red and for me the GT1 would really have to be hooking too much left for me to use the other ball. Unfortunately, carrydown is a problem with using the QZ1 red; it doesn't turn the corner quite well.

-The Arsenal-
505T, Sigma Hybrid, GT1, QZ2 Backdraft, 505C, RX1 Recon Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 am 

Personally, I think your best choice is the SR2. The SX1 & TX1 are not that great on carrydown since the coverstock is mild and doesn't bite through the oil as well as the "T", "R" and "Z" coverstocks. The TR2 might work well too if you alter the coverstock to 2000 or 4000 Abralon with polish. The "Thrust" core in the TR2 is flippy and gives a strong backend reaction.

CANADA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 am 

I have an SR2 on the way to me. I should have it punched up and able to throw by Friday. I already have the GT1. I will post back to let you know how they work together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 am 

Phil Kaiser wrote:
I have an SR2 on the way to me. I should have it punched up and able to throw by Friday. I already have the GT1. I will post back to let you know how they work together.

That would be awesome thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:48 pm 

As of now i'm using my Red QZ1 as my main ball. I am getting no problems with it getting around the corner at all even with carry down. I am a high rev player so not sure if that help but in the last 3 weeks have 2 300's, 299, 815, and low set of 746 with it.

36 800's (high 880)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 am 

Hey Joel...
You like to flaunt your scores a lot, buddy. What up with that? Ha ha I'm researching which of these balls I wanna get. I'm thinking about the shinier blue one. I can't remember which one that is. Oh well... See you later at the City!
Peace
PS... figure out who this is!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 am 

I was able to throw my SR2 yeasterday. It is a GREAT ball!!! I had thrown it earlier in the day just to see what it did. I then went and bowled a tournament. The tournament condition was a modified house shot (they did not reveal details) on wood. The test condition in the morning was synthetic that had not been oiled. This house FLOODS the heads and middles. They also get an excessive amount of carry-down. How does the SR2 react compared to the GT1? First for the layouts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28835515@N00/4318042343/
(I've highlighted cg's in red for easier viewing)

The GT1 goes into an early roll and is very smooth on the back. The surface is lightly polishished. The SR2 has OOB surface. It reacts with a pop out of the oil, followed by a smooth arc to the pins. It is also more aggressive than I thought it would be. It cut through oil very easily. In fact, in the tournament I bowled in, I started further left then most and had no issue with this ball making the turn. It also worked very well in the carry down eralier in the day. Both balls easily clear the heads. With the layouts I have on these balls, the SR2 out hooks the GT1. It is a great one/two comination though. When the SR2 was a little too much ball as the lanes started breaking down, I went to the GT1 and moved a couple boards back right. I continued hitting the pocket with no problem. My gut tells me with identical layouts and OOB surfaces, the GT1 would be slightly stronger than the SR2. Hope this helps. Oh and as for the tournament, I'm happy to say we were high qualifiers (doubles tournament) off our sqaud which automatically got us into the finals. Finals was one game of baker doubles. My partner had trouble carrying and we unfortunatly lost the first game 207-237. He wasn't using motiv but may be starting to soon. I think there are a few others that are atleast going to take a look now. I will try to do a video over the next few days for you to see the difference in reactions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm 

Jason W whats up brotha didn't see ya at the city this weekend whats up with that? 701 and 767 Saturday 684 and 712 today. All with both my Red QZ1's.

You really can't go wrong with any of the balls. I think that you would like the GT1 or the Red QZ1, those would be my picks for ya since I know how you bowl. Well see ya Friday if ya bowl or the city.

36 800's (high 880)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:35 am 

Well Joel I slept in and missed the 2:00 sunday shift at City. That was the only shift I was due to bowl. Oh well though. They found another bowler. I'll talk to ya about Ginny Roberts soon maybe we'll throw a stacked up team together!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next