MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: TR2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:45 pm 

Just want to say the GT1 has been one of the best x-mas presents i have ever received. My question for Motiv nation is....... What will the TR2 give me on the lanes that GT1 dont?

Post subject: Re: TR2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm 

The TR2 is a heavier rolling ball w/strong coverstock. It is meant for med. heavy to heavier oil patterns. Same core as the TX1 w/same coverstock as SR2 just w/800 sanded finish. Very good to play up the boards on PBA experience patterns (Shark & Scorpion) or on many Sport patterns. Of course, the overall reaction you get will be determined by your release, drilling layout, type of lane surface you bowl on, the pattern, etc. It will definitely grab earlier than your GT1 and have a strong motion to the pocket. Hope this helps and welcome to Motiv-nation!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:31 am 

Thanks Bob, This info helps out a lot. I have been bowling for about 24 yrs and have used a little bit of everything and truly i have been blown away with the Motiv GT1. I am looking to add more motiv to my arsenal.
Thanks again for the info.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:12 pm 

A question for Bob and Justin (or whomever else wants to chime in):

I have a TR2 (over label with pin under ring - box finish) drilled for heavier oil type pattern. I also have a SR2 with 5" pin that is above ring finger, but otherwise similar drill - over label with cg just kicked a bit right (box finish).

My question is, would a TR2 with less surface and say pin up give me that much different reaction that the SR2? My SR2 gets a bit jumpy at times off the dry, so i thought the TR2 with less surface would fit between them.

I do have a GT1 that I usually use as a between ball, but i like the "look" of the TR2 roll better.

Finally, I have the red QZ1 drilled pin up similar to SR2 and it won't get around the corner nearly as well as the SR2. I thought the pearl surface would make it more skid/flippy, but it isn't the case. have you had similar reaction?

Thanks in advance...

part of the MOTIVNation

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 pm 

I have heard that the TR2 is a little high maintenance and likes to really soak up oil. Is this true and if so what kind of maintenance routine should I use with it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 pm 

Your SR2 might be alittle flippy off the pattern because it comes w/polished finish that stores the energy for down the lane & it has a stronger core that the TR2 & QZ1, thus it reads the dry quicker than the other balls. A TR2 w/pin above the ring finger will be alittle smoother at the break point than your similarly drilled SR2 because the thrust core of the TR2 is not a strong as the SR2's sigma core and the dull finish of the TR2 will burn up more energy prior to coming off the end of the pattern.

As far as maintenace goes, yes, the TR2 can act like a sponge. Clean it thoroughly after every use. For those familiar w/"baking" a ball, I have a customer that has baked a TX1 a few times, an SX1, and I think his GT1. He knows what he is doing and all balls regained their initial hitting power. Another method is to try the Power Gel SCUFF. Rub it in a circular motion onto the ball, just like you were waxing you car. Cover the entire ball and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then wipe off the residue. This stuff helps draw the oil out. Helped on a TR2 I had. Hope this is helpful to you guys. Motiv-nation . . keep the faith & spread the faith.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 am 

For anyone wanting to remove oil from your coverstock, here is what I do. Take your standard 5 gallon paint bucket and fill about 1/2 way with plain, old hot water. How hot should the water be?If the water is too hot for you to put your hand in, then its' too hot for the ball. DO NOT USE ANY DETERGENT!! Detergent can actually work against you. Submerge your ball for approx. 10 minutes. Remove and wipe off all the oil that has surfaced using a plain paper towel. Now take another paper towel with rubbing alcohol on it and wipe the ball. You should see plenty of dirt on the towel. Repeat the soak and wipe process until no more dirt is being removed when using alcohol. This tells you the ball is clean. Works everytime. I usually do this when a ball has about 15-25 games on it, depending on what the cover is and where it has been used. Heavy oil balls obviously get done more often than those meant for the drier stuff.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]