MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Need some ball advice
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 am 

I put this in another topic but it is buried and seems to not be getting looked at, so I'm starting this topic.

I have switched over to MOTIV, as the stuff is great. I currently have a TR2 and SR2 drilled identical. They work well for HEAVY oil. I also just drilled an SX1 which has a slightly different layout but rolls nearly the same as the SR2. I will be tweekeing the surface on one of them. Throw in a GT1 with the pin drilled below the fingers for some early read with mild back ends (the others are all pin up) and there you have it. I thought the SX1 would be tamer than it is but it has no issue making the turn in oil. Right now I am thinking something with a weaker cover with some surface is what I need. For those that have the QZ1 and TX1, how do they compare. Also, how do they compare to the SX1 and SR2?

Post subject: Re: Need some ball advice
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 am 

I can't speak for the sx1, because I don't own one yet, but for me the qz1 hooks overall the same as the sr2. The qz1 reads the mids more, and lays off in the backends, whereas the sr2 goes longer, and is more angular. I would recommend the tx1 if you are looking for a drier lane ball.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am 

How did you layout your SX? Did you go neg and shine it like we talked about?

I did a purple QZ neg under the middle and I love the length and control it gives. You could do it on a red for more length.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm 

Its about a 2" pin. Mark suggested going pin down based on your trial and error testing. It ended up with pin just above ring and Cg basically in line. I have actually now hit the surface lightly (scotch brite). As a result, this is now my monster hook ball. Another change I made was to put polish over the factory finish on the TR. It now gives me a good look on the medium stuff. It has a nice smooth continous arc at the back. I'm pretty happy with the way everything reacts right now. Call me when you can. I left you a message a week or so ago but never heard back.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]