MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 am 

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 5
Ok,
so i punched up a 2cruel about 3 months ago and i freakin love that ball ha ha i went 55x4x20 and at first i was having a not so good reaction i was still carrying but the ball wasn't as strong downlane as i thought... well after some games and me getting my release down(finally) the ball moves quite well i resurfaced the ball from box to 4k abralon and that made the ball way stronger) so i finally resurfaced to 35micron diamond sheet,15micron diamond sheet then went over the entire ball with 3m polishing compound...
the ball is very usable on my ths(43ft med-med/heavy oil with nice backends) but the second to 3rd transition can be harsh sometimes...so i am looking at 3 balls currently the Primal scream, Lord Field Judgment, and lord field heritage.

now i know the primal scream is meant to play under the 2cruel... i need some help in deciding if i should go with the scream or try the lord fields?
stats
pap- 5 7/8> 3/4^
revs-475ish
speed-17mph
rotation45-50deg
tilt-12deg

thanks for any help!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 am 

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 53
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Just get a sigma tour.
It is an awesome benchmark ball and a step down from the 2cruel. The primal scream is nice, but it wasnt different enough from the 2cruel for me. I pretty much owned eveyr motiv ball this year. The sigma tour is still my goto ball!

_________________
In the bag.
Sigma tour, drilled to hook :D HG 278 hs 729
2cruel , Hg 279 HS 738
Venom, 279 717
Raptor p7 288 750
Thrash frenzy coming soon
More to come.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 am 

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 5
wyld911card wrote:
Just get a sigma tour.
It is an awesome benchmark ball and a step down from the 2cruel. The primal scream is nice, but it wasnt different enough from the 2cruel for me. I pretty much owned eveyr motiv ball this year. The sigma tour is still my goto ball!


I'm really not looking for different I'm just looking for a bit more length and a bit more flip...essentially if I drilled the scream the same but with a 4.5-5" pin to pap vs. 4" on my 2cruel...
and I rolled a friends sigma tour and sigma hybrid and they were both duds for me....maybe the thrash frenzy would be a better fit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 1698
Location: Rochester NY
Rev Dominant and low tilt, with a desire for length and backend?

Thrash Frenzy.

Simply pick a layout out of the video(when I get it done) that gives the shape you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:14 am
Posts: 799
Location: Iowa Falls, IA
I would second the Thrash Frenzy idea. It has lots of easy length built into the OOB finish. It is hard to believe the Quadfire block is on the inside of this ball. It has a nice flip and strong finish without being too jerky. I do believe that it would be a large step down from a 2Cruel - you might have to adjust the cover prep to match up with your environment. I was very impressed with this ball last night. I have mine laid out 60* by 5" by 35* with no hole. Very controlled, and the typical awesome MOTIV pin-pounding hit. And, it is a very visually appealing ball to boot. This ball will be the sleeper of the year in my opinion.

_________________
Lane 13 Pro Shop, Iowa Falls, IA ............. Venom Shock * Recon
Proprietor, Pla-Mor Bowl ........................ GT1 * Covert Revolt.
Vise Grips Amateur Staff ......................... Sigma Sting * Tribal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:47 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 pm
Posts: 81
plamormick wrote:
I would second the Thrash Frenzy idea. It has lots of easy length built into the OOB finish. It is hard to believe the Quadfire block is on the inside of this ball. It has a nice flip and strong finish without being too jerky. I do believe that it would be a large step down from a 2Cruel - you might have to adjust the cover prep to match up with your environment. I was very impressed with this ball last night. I have mine laid out 60* by 5" by 35* with no hole. Very controlled, and the typical awesome MOTIV pin-pounding hit. And, it is a very visually appealing ball to boot. This ball will be the sleeper of the year in my opinion.


JUST STARTED SALIVATING!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 53
Location: Gainesville,Fl
OK ok i am sold. I just got my hands on a thrash frenzy demo yesterday. Yeah that is the perfect ball to follow up the scream with. TRY IT ONCE!

My god this ball is insane.

_________________
In the bag.
Sigma tour, drilled to hook :D HG 278 hs 729
2cruel , Hg 279 HS 738
Venom, 279 717
Raptor p7 288 750
Thrash frenzy coming soon
More to come.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRANSITION CHOICES FROM 2CRUEL TO???? HELP !!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:53 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 pm
Posts: 81
wyld911card wrote:
OK ok i am sold. I just got my hands on a thrash frenzy demo yesterday. Yeah that is the perfect ball to follow up the scream with. TRY IT ONCE!

My god this ball is insane.


*wipes drool*


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dvoyles, Exabot [Bot], liagissinKip and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

MOTIV