MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Has anyone else drilled a TF yet?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm 

I have drilled two Thrash Frenzies (TF) (last week); one for demo purposes, and one for my own use.

Let me preface this 'report' by saying that I have not matched up well with the Quadfire block in the past. Usually, my reaction was too early and too few boards on the back end (remember, I'm a reformed Utah-ball guy). QZ1 red or purple wasn't enough; the Backdraft was a bit too squirty or early for me (depending on whether I was playing a house-shot, or a sport condition).

The Thrash Frenzy is a game changer for me.

I drilled my ball with a 60* by 5" by 35* layout, which puts the pin about an inch above my fingers, on the center-of-grip line. It did not require an extra hole to maintain static legal weights.

This ball is really long, and pretty abrupt (for a MOTIV piece) at the breakpoint. It is neither too early nor too little, *when used on the right condition*. It does alright on the super-fresh, but tends to lose carry mid-first game, but really shines when the track opens up in the later stages of the set.

The ball I laid out for demo uses 45* by 4 1/4" by 40*, which put the pin dead in the middle of the ring finger hole. I added a P2 hole (based on my PAP coordinates) to maintain static legal weights.

This ball is really the shining beauty. I have used it a few times during the past week, and I have to say, this layout is my favorite. I have another, stronger pearl ball that utilizes a very similar layout, and this TF is the immediate step-down from that ball. In all actuality, if I am very good with my speed control (read: consistent), I can actually use this ball on my heavier THS all night (yes, I am one of the few proprietors around that actually believes in putting lots of oil out to try to prevent too much transition and burn-up). This TF also gave me a great look on a drier THS on Anvillane, too. Phenomenal motion, and of course the amazing, pin-pounding MOTIV hit.

What have you experienced?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]